• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake caliber Paint /No paint what

Bonehead70GeTeX

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
We’ll I should say , what color to paint ? I’ve got a little time befor wheels are ready to install 2on back order , wile I wait go to dress up wheel well , going to start by painting calibers , black would work cover rust and look good ,, but Red mite be cool , Plum crazy be real cool ,old lady says I’m color blind and can’t match colors to dress myself lol ,,??

AF3F14DF-4EA3-47D5-9FC2-A4FA6D79882E.jpeg

Personally I don't think brake calipers are something that your eye should be dawn to. Nor should they be something you're always wanting to clean. Matte black for protection only would be my choice.

Personally I don't think brake calipers are something that your eye should be dawn to. Nor should they be something you're always wanting to clean. Matte black for protection only would be my choice.

Your probably right Black would be best

20170627_184134.jpg
I'm not at home to take a good picture, but I found this one in my phone. I used a rattle can of cast iron colored paint. Not sure where I got it from.

You'll want "high temp" paint. Just go to you local auto parts store and pick a dark metallic grey.

Auto Transport Service
Back