• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

paint codes and what you really get.

Yes that was the original paint, they are using omini paint.
Omni paint is part of ppg. Weve had pretty bad luck with the paint mixes. Im sure I could do better if we carried the toners for that line
The ppg company we deal with says you get what you get . Pretty lame in my way of thinking

Omni paint is part of ppg. Weve had pretty bad luck with the paint mixes. Im sure I could do better if we carried the toners for that line
The ppg company we deal with says you get what you get . Pretty lame in my way of thinking
Seem to be the attitude, you get what you get. Was talking with another painter and he is telling me to switch a different paint brand.

if possible, I always find a piece of original paint to match...... most recently, I brought a quarter panel extension with me to the paint store

A little late but the PPG number for a qt. PP1 is DAR14835SC

DMR401 WHITE 11.0
DMR491 BLACK 46.Q 35.0
DMR464 ORANGE 169.0 123.0
DMR495 CATALYST 189.0 20.
DMR ?EEP RED 1094.0 905.0

Your PPG store should confirm this before mixing. the last line had paint covering a part of letters. My car is PP!. Took the number off my can of touch up paint.

Clean Satellite 1.jpg

I was trying to get my '62 Shell Beige. PPG store tried everything. The one guy found a Ford Alabaster that's a darn close perfect match. The Rose color in the interior ended up being a Ford color also.

These formulas are, give or take, fifty years old. Do you know how many colors have been created since then? Yes the toners aren't there but they don't formulate paint the same as they did fifty years ago either. Even with the original formula, if they can find it, they can't get it right. Takes a little doing by the right person who knows what he's doing.

Auto Transport Service
Back