• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake lamp switch

Bicylindrico

Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
Curious how others have configured their brake light switch when swapping out master cylinder for disc brakes. My 65 Satellite used the end of the pedal to master cylinder rod to actuate the switch but I had to use the rod that came with my kit and this of course is not the same. I was thinking to just use a pressure switch on the brake line but would consider other options. Any suggestions? Thanks

Curious how others have configured their brake light switch when swapping out master cylinder for disc brakes. My 65 Satellite used the end of the pedal to master cylinder rod to actuate the switch but I had to use the rod that came with my kit and this of course is not the same. I was thinking to just use a pressure switch on the brake line but would consider other options. Any suggestions? Thanks
If you can do the double flaring-the pressure switch would be easy.
Mike

What’s wrong with the one above the brake pedal? That is the switch. Or do you mean a brake warning light?

What’s wrong with the one above the brake pedal? That is the switch. Or do you mean a brake warning light?

The 'striker' for the switch was the end of the original pedal rod and the aftermarket rod is not the same. The end of the rod at the pedal actually extended to actuate the switch.
I want to know the brake lights are operating properly and really don't want to cobble up some kind of band-aid. I will probably install a pressure switch since I have the flaring tool.

I see now, gotcha!

I'm interested in this. Where did you get the pressure switch?
Can you post a pic please?
I guess I'm a bit ignorant about this type of setup

I would just readjust your switch to fit the new brake rod. I would think it would be the easiest and every thing is already there in the car.

Google is your friend!
Mike

I would just readjust your switch to fit the new brake rod. I would think it would be the easiest and every thing is already there in the car.
I actually already tried this and didn't feel it was a great solution. Honestly the factory setup seems a little flimsy to me and after lying upside down on my back scratching my head for an hour, I am going to proceed with installing the line switch.

I actually want to change the rest position of the brake pedal anyway and the line switch will allow me to make adjustments to the rod without any additional headaches with the old switch.

Here is a nice switch that includes the brass 'T' fitting and electrical connectors that match the switch pins. I didn't know if I can post which nonapproved vendor has this for sale
555-63070K1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back