• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brewzer's rebuild 2021 - 1967 Coronet 500

Brewzer67

Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
Just throwing this thread out there to chronicle the re-do of Brewzer. Here is a before shot and some of the progress so far. Thanks to Joe Phillips it is finally getting the rear quarters done the right way instead of all the little patches that were done originally. While the body is being done I'll start some opf the other stuff that has needed attention for a while. Chrome trim has all been polished up, intake has been JetHot coated, headers have had O2 bungs added and been recoated as well. The door panels and seat covers arrived from Legendary so I can start swapping out to white from the blue I had previously. I keep posting photos as the project progresses.
100_1079.JPG
wTy3I3ckpKbpLbXOlE9EupOqM=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg

rovAQ1Gs0kZ6MK78-O-K6Wyxc=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
Lot's of hidden gems under the old paint. Looking forward to getting rid of all these old garbage spots.
fcWcxZjNkeiEdK8xiS2tOPb2zs=w960-h720-no?authuser=0.jpg
Bqa8Fi3SMHWLLbZ-5aiWslXxA=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg
SXn7xKO5hGzakb1umTWEISrkQ=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg
OFJ2gqHqun49igsjj54bq7mWM=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg
4FO6dkx6BF9AIAqMDfbiE9OOk=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg
Nx5VB_PRGAUmTQ=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0&authuser=0.jpg
Zp6XurMMPj2Vw5IE0lgTAAPM8=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg

Old trunk letters, sail panel trim and mirror. Finally replacing them after 36 years of owning the car. Chrome was definitely not worthy of the prior paint job and definitely wouldn't be in the same class when it is done. They are definitely good driver quality that I will find a home for but I figure since I am doing this one last time I might as well go all out.
e60MzmvC-zaQW7kSijCElaHRgo=w732-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg
tdsins7ML2VD-3vkJGOl6LPTA=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg
1bhwtMo2f2HybUPoDZfdTPSGM=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
New rear end to replace the 8-3/4". It was fine but living on borrowed time behind the 528".
tMcasoYshoaDZu3pyyMN7hBt4=w1302-h976-no?authuser=0.jpg

Looking forward to cleaning this up a little bit. I have hated looking at that master cylinder for years. Replacing it with something a little nicer.
VaB_rXVV7uH45Q-yfy9axXn2c=w1634-h919-no?authuser=0.jpg
Master_Cylinder_Baer.jpg

Back in '86 I bought a 3/4 rear clip and had the quarters put on by a local shop. That is where they seamed them in when they put them on. Definitely not the way most shops would have but everything held up fine for 36 years. They'll weld it up and grind it flush so you don't see it anymore so it won't be a worry going forward. There were lots of little surprises all over once we got it down to bare metal everywhere.

Sad that it took so long but here are the most recent updates (read: the first updates available since my last post...) My body guy is finally getting some work done on the car. Since last week he has put in the wider inner fender wells from AMD on both sides, installed the outer wheel wells,hung the passenger side rear quarter (including opening up the tire opening in the front a little to allow for some bigger meats), and tightened/straightened up the door gap on the passenger side. As long as we had things open he also replaced all of the window rollers and greased things up. He also gave me a test sprayout with the colors we were going to use for the stripes but it was a no go. It is one of the Sikkens color changing pearls but it had way more of the orange than I was looking for. I want something that is really just blue and purple. I found something that I think fits the bill from Tamco and he will be spraying some test panels soon. Here are some photos of the progress so far:

Inner_Wheelwell_Passenger_Side_Front.jpg

Inner_Wheelwell_Passenger_Side.jpg

Wheelwell_Enlargement_Passenger_Side.jpg

Door_Gap_Fix_Passenger.jpg

Trunk_Extension_Wheelwell_Passenger_Side.jpg

Window_Roller_repair.jpg

Welded Quarter_Passenger.jpg

Wow !! That is a lot of work !! It is coming together awesome !! I might be in town in April as it looks as though my daughter is moving back to the east coast. I will have to get one more AJ's burger !

Wow !! That is a lot of work !! It is coming together awesome !! I might be in town in April as it looks as though my daughter is moving back to the east coast. I will have to get one more AJ's burger !
Sounds like a plan! Just ping me a week or two ahead of time and I'll be sure to clear my calendar. It is definitely a lot of change but all overdue. Once we're done with the body then I'll move the springs inboard, switch to Caltracs, and get some beefier meats in back. 9.90's here I come.

More progress! Door gaps cleaned up and driver side quarter on. Wheel well expanded on front side for more tire space. New wheel wells and trunk extensions welded in. I also had the rib in the outer wheelhouse rolled out with an english wheel for more space for additional tire. The roll bar was also pushed outboard a little bit so I can finally open the glove box door instead of having to take if off to get at the fuse block. Slow but sure.
Driver_side_quarter_installed.jpg
Driver_side_door_gap_after.jpg
Driver_side_rocker_area_after_plus_window_hardware.jpg
Driver_side_door_gap_before.jpg
Roll_bar_pushed_out.jpg
Inner_Wheelwell_Driver_Side_Before.jpg
Driver_side_window_track_before.jpg
Driver_side_rocker_area_before.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back