• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

Looking great Wayne. So I'm guessing a po or the factory installed them wrong?
Well it wasn't me!! I've had the left and right sides well separated throughout this entire process. Was laying them out and noted the LH and RH and appropriate part numbers. So slight a difference, but the forward end of the bezel, the reflector is about an 1/8th of an inch further in and almost flush at the rear edge. If you stare at the picture you can actually see it....

Well lookie there, another corporate tax guy. It is getting to be busy season, at least here in the states, buy probably CDN too.

Quick rub with MAAS to finish them off.

Wind deflectors installed, as well as the lower windshield trim.
View attachment 1634472
That's it for this week.. have three corporate tax returns to have in the mail by Thursday!

2 out of 3 done and ready to mail. Pretty easy with no sales and minimum expenses. I know what the loss is within 90 seconds on them. Printing and doing their damn forms takes a good 2.5 hours. Airplane business will take me all day tomorrow at minimum...

We have 6 months to file after year end. I have until Sunday for them to be done and delivered. Easter weekend... they're gonna be late! Personal taxes in Canada are due April 30th.
20240325_113657.jpg

2 out of 3 done and ready to mail. Pretty easy with no sales and minimum expenses. I know what the loss is within 90 seconds on them. Printing and doing their damn forms takes a good 2.5 hours. Airplane business will take me all day tomorrow at minimum...

We have 6 months to file after year end. I have until Sunday for them to be done and delivered. Easter weekend... they're gonna be late! Personal taxes in Canada are due April 30th.
View attachment 1634833
I feel yer pain. I did 3 corporate taxes of my own last month. One is a holding company with no assets or sales, one is a holding company that charges rent for the meat biz and the last one is the meat biz itself. That's the biggie. Here in the states we have to file by March 15 for corporate and April 15 for personal.

Good luck Wayne!

Long day, but it's Friday night wing night. One finished up for a customer and the other home for me to finally finish assembly on before Spring. Been a long stressful 1.5 years since this thing tried to kill me.View attachment 1633234View attachment 1633235View attachment 1633236View attachment 1633237View attachment 1633238View attachment 1633239View attachment 1633240View attachment 1633241View attachment 1633242View attachment 1633243
Man she looks like new again, probably better than new. Looks like a full house. Only one thing. I would have got my *** chewed if I sat that wing on the bare concrete floor. I can hear them now (THE HANGAR FLOOR IS NOT A PARTS RACK)

2 corporate tax returns done of 3 and had enough of numbers by 4pm. Installed the rear marker lights and then there's something really satisfying about laying down a, lunch box, assembly line Pentastar onto a fresh fender!
20240325_151014.jpg

Passenger side. Tapered end to rear. Note the retainer also has a long and short tab.
20240325_151328.jpg

Tab are also offset. Tab closer to top..
20240325_150538.jpg

Left installed..
20240325_152442.jpg

Right in..
20240325_152542.jpg

20240325_152828.jpg

Repro left, line Right.
20240325_164103.jpg

Line
20240325_164006.jpg

Repro
20240325_164001.jpg

20240325_164503.jpg

That looks nice. I always like it when the marker lights are turned on, it makes the car look more alive.
Did you put gaskets in the marker light housings?

Windshield squirter assembly. I'd bought shiny new ones and then determined that the Black oxide is factory correct!
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 474.jpg

Cleaning them up so they're ready to go back in
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 475.jpg

Note... one hose clip mounts "north", the other "south". There is a screw hole and a smaller hole for the nub on the retainer.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 481.jpg

Dan did a great job removing the inner fender straps without breaking them. I can't stand new "fresh" white reproductions.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 483.jpg

Washer hose run and hooked up.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 485.jpg

Wiper arms cleaned and ready to install.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 495.jpg

Wipers installed.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 496.jpg

Fairly rare, factory optional, passenger mirror installed with a new gasket.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 501.jpg

Drivers remote mirror going in to place.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 510.jpg

Looking back... how did we get here?
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 513.jpg

Blew all the dust and crap out of the rear quarters and window tracks / rollers and assembly.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 522.jpg

Amazing how clean that she really is after 54.5 years.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 527.jpg

Time for a lube job
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 536.jpg

Window regulator teeth with minimal grease worked into the teeth. Silicon spray on the plastic rollers and all the steel above the "dip primer" line sprayed with Krown. Note the original glass on the entire car, date coded 119, November 1969.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 538.jpg

Figures. I lost track of how many hours I spent looking for these wing gaskets, that I bought 34 years ago. Knew they'd turn up after making my own from roofing felt.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 540.jpg

March 5th 1990.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 542.jpg

Rear seat upper panels buffed up.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 541.jpg

Quick polish with detailer. Catwhisker ready to put back onto the quarter panel.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 546.jpg

Catwhiskers into place.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 556.jpg

Rain shields clipped on.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 550.jpg

Last edited:
Cord seal time.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 558.jpg

Ready for plastic barrier
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 560.jpg

Plastic on and tucked in and taped at the bottom.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 561.jpg

Upper panel and door card stainless screwed into place. Door jam windlace installed.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 569.jpg

Original door cards.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 574.jpg

Passenger side door card into place.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 578.jpg

Drivers side in ready for the rear seat.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 580.jpg

Almost forgot the outer seat belts. One difference between 68/69 and a 70. Guess saving 4' of webbing per car added up to the bean counters.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 581.jpg

Best vinyl seat and top cleaner that I've ever used. Lifts dirt right out of the grain.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 587.jpg

Rear seat back in.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 594.jpg

Last edited:
Seat belts wired up out of the way.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 596.jpg

Bottom seat in. Ready for armrests and window cranks.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 598.jpg

Rear arm rest ash trays in Evapo Rust to clean up their bottoms.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 607.jpg

Quick clean of the chrome base plates with alcohol and the arm rests themselves with Scrubbing bubbles.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 609.jpg

1/4 glass door pillar seals going on. These are the originals that the car left Chrysler with in December 1969.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 611.jpg

Passenger side door pillar/quarter seal. 2838464-R.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 612.jpg

Seal installed.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 613.jpg

Drivers side seal.. 28384465-L
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 615.jpg

Seal installed. Love original raw factory welds! The way it really happened in '69!!
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 617.jpg

Arm rest and window crank installed.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 620.jpg

Last edited:
Same deal on the passenger side.
superbirdfullpaintdassembly6 621.jpg

Quick test of the door jam dome light switches before putting them back in.
20240330_132049.jpg

Wires back on, ready to thread the switch back into the door jam.
20240330_132219.jpg

Hold the plunger while tightening in the switch, so that the wires don't spin around behind.
20240330_132721.jpg

Nose jack cleaned up ready to put back in trunk.
20240330_134618.jpg

Jack secured.
20240330_140701.jpg

Spare tire and rear bumper jack and components secured.
20240330_140957.jpg

"A" pillar interior trim cleaned up ready to reinstall.
20240330_152310.jpg

Trim back in.
20240330_153045.jpg

We're getting close. Lower kick panels and door sill plates and door glass to go.
20240330_153240.jpg

Last edited:
Todays piss off... if you read back 11 months I tried to order new Polyglass GT F60-15 RWL tires early last May. Universal Vintage Tire told me they expected some possibly in June or July but that they had no fixed ETA. Whomever I was talking to advised that I needed to pay in full to get a back order going, even though they had no idea when they'd have tires. I wasn't willing to pay up front and asked them to advise when tires came in..crickets after that.

Saturday night I figured I'd put in an order again, seeing I saw that some folks just recently got tires. Coker came up as showing only 3 in stock, no ETA on a back order for the 4th. Next up I again tried UVT, which took my online order and credit card information. This morning UVT advised that they only have 3 in stock.. hmmm.. lol

Guy advises he can put them on backorder and they MAY have some by late Summer Aug/September but can't guarantee anything. All of the tires that they did get in went to fill backorders from the past year. I said "so here we are a year later and nothing has changed. Surely I can't be expected to pay up front to get a backorder in process to make sure I get tires this time". He states "we never charge up front, only when and if they go out the door". FFS, I'd have tires if they'd done my back order last May.

Guess they'll go round and round for the 34th year.

Todays piss off... if you read back 11 months I tried to order new Polyglass GT F60-15 RWL tires early last May. Universal Vintage Tire told me they expected some possibly in June or July but that they had no fixed ETA. Whomever I was talking to advised that I needed to pay in full to get a back order going, even though they had no idea when they'd have tires. I wasn't willing to pay up front and asked them to advise when tires came in..crickets after that.

Saturday night I figured I'd put in an order again, seeing I saw that some folks just recently got tires. Coker came up as showing only 3 in stock, no ETA on a back order for the 4th. Next up I again tried UVT, which took my online order and credit card information. This morning UVT advised that they only have 3 in stock.. hmmm.. lol

Guy advises he can put them on backorder and they MAY have some by late Summer Aug/September but can't guarantee anything. All of the tires that they did get in went to fill backorders from the past year. I said "so here we are a year later and nothing has changed. Surely I can't be expected to pay up front to get a backorder in process to make sure I get tires this time". He states "we never charge up front, only when and if they go out the door". FFS, I'd have tires if they'd done my back order last May.

Guess they'll go round and round for the 34th year.
If Coker and UTV "Really" have 3 in stock why not buy 2 from each? Maybe buy 3 from one of them in case one craps out.

Auto Transport Service
Back