• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke my 7UP Pop Machine today....

As the old saying goes,
1667517299788.gif
:lol:

Again a BIG THANK YOU Tom for shipping me out a new nose seal and some Plymouth decals. He also sent a couple other goodies that I'll share once it all gets here!

Door shell and parts are in at National Moparts, so I'm hopping in the '64 Dodge tomorrow morning for the 3 hour round trip to grab those, along with a stop at Body By Biggs in Warminster on the way back to discuss time line with George.

122 miles on the "parts car" this morning. Trip over to Gamebridge, to National Moparts, and back. Small detour in Warminster, down the Town Line, to stop at Body by Biggs to make sure I'm in paint queue once I have all the parts test fitted to the new door shell. Glad I took both my Winter coat and my Fall jacket, as I forgot the heater box doesn't work in the '64. Was kinda like riding in my Brother's old Volkswagon Beetle on a fresh 1C morning!

Blue Bird sky on a crispy Tuesday morning. (man I wish the paint was really that nice!)
superbirdbentdoor 350.jpg

Nigel's model collection at National Moparts.
superbirdbentdoor 352.jpg

Quick inspection of the door shell before leaving. Some will see a slight issue for upper hinge mounting. Hopefully that's the only SNAFU for fitting I have to conquer.
superbirdbentdoor 356.jpg

Amazing, Nigel actually bought some gravel, it's usual a mud hole in his yard.
superbirdbentdoor 360.jpg

Just a beautiful cruising machine. Hwy 11 on the 4 lane.
superbirdbentdoor 369.jpg

Stopped by George's and grabbed this shot leaving. I'm in queue ! "Get the door components test fitted and then bring the car"!! This is a shop with a year+ wait !!!
superbirdbentdoor 371.jpg

On the home, gravel, stretch.
superbirdbentdoor 376.jpg

Now that's a trunk !
superbirdbentdoor 382.jpg

122 miles on the "parts car" this morning. Trip over to Gamebridge, to National Moparts, and back. Small detour in Warminster, down the Town Line, to stop at Body by Biggs to make sure I'm in paint queue once I have all the parts test fitted to the new door shell. Glad I took both my Winter coat and my Fall jacket, as I forgot the heater box doesn't work in the '64. Was kinda like riding in my Brother's old Volkswagon Beetle on a fresh 1C morning!

Blue Bird sky on a crispy Tuesday morning. (man I wish the paint was really that nice!)
View attachment 1370497
Nigel's model collection at National Moparts.
View attachment 1370498
Quick inspection of the door shell before leaving. Some will see a slight issue for upper hinge mounting. Hopefully that's the only SNAFU for fitting I have to conquer.
View attachment 1370500
Amazing, Nigel actually bought some gravel, it's usual a mud hole in his yard.
View attachment 1370502
Just a beautiful cruising machine. Hwy 11 on the 4 lane.
View attachment 1370503
Stopped by George's and grabbed this shot leaving. I'm in queue ! "Get the door components test fitted and then bring the car"!! This is a shop with a year+ wait !!!
View attachment 1370504
On the home, gravel, stretch.
View attachment 1370505
Now that's a trunk !
View attachment 1370506
Nice rear end, different taillights certainly looks different from our Canadian cars, if I remember correctly.

Looked like a great day except for the cold. This has got to be a repair record you have going on here !
Thanks for the thread as hard as it was for you :thumbsup:

Grampa you can do the Dukes of hazard entry now! Bella is in solitude hibernation near Georges! much safer than being around the shop all winter!

A few shots for family "history" timeline...

Boogitty Boogitty...
sheaintheshopnov102022 015.jpg

Now we're goin...
sheaintheshopnov102022 018.jpg

Always watch your mirror....
sheaintheshopnov102022 019.jpg

Wow !! Just read the whole thread. So sorry to read about this Wayne. But great news that you weren't seriously hurt and by the sounds of it recovering nicely. All three of you. Great luck finding the NOS plexi glass 7-Up. Yes, you have to laugh about it now, but I don't think I would have been a happy camper at the time. I had my Roadrunner roll out the driveway one Sunday afternoon. Thinking someone was steeling it as i watched it back out the driveway and right into the ditch. I was really lucky in that one. No damage. Nobody driving down the road at that time. Just drove it back onto the road. Lucky. Really lucky. I wasn't long adjusting my transmission lock stop. Same thing. Always had to slam the car in park. The only good thing about that was that my parking brake cable never did seize up as I always used my parking brake. Apparently not that Sunday. lol
Doing a crackerjack job fixing her up! And once more GREAT job documenting the whole process. Thanks for taking the time to do so for us. Much appreciated!
Once more, glad that weren't seriously hurt. I know the older I get the longer it takes to recover. We're not kids anymore.
Great looking granddaughter. She fits in there nicely! Get them in there early. Sooner the better. Always time for family timeline photos.
Try to enjoy your Remembrance Day.
Couple of timeline pics of my bird. Son-Grandson.

Baby Kolton.jpg

Next Generation 2   .JPG

My car is a manual trans...... but I hear...... Automatics also have parking brakes, maybe not.......
Just digging a bit deeper..........

Auto Transport Service
Back