Build Thread- 64 Fury Convertible

Member's Projects & Restorations

1. 1 Wild R/T

1 Wild R/T FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:20 PM
    Wow!! Lotta awesome work!! You and your buddy Terry have really brought that car back from the edge.. I'm impressed.. Plenty of guys restoring the newer cars when you call AMD & write a check but going old school & fabricating parts is so much more challenging....

And for me as with most guys as the years go by finding the motivation gets harder yet you seem to be out there doing it every day.... Congratulations on the progress so far... Should be a fun cruiser...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • ckessel

ckessel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      That box is nice and lite huh? Mine old one has the a/c evaporated unit in it also. I made up mounts so I can put a Restomod Air unit in mine. Once you are done welding/grinding the cowl area, get some of the inner frame rail spray from Eastwood or others to hose that metal down for protection. They come with a long straw that includes a multi angle spray nozzle so it can coat whatever it hits. Going to do that on mine when the time comes. I got very lucky as my cowl has no issues like yours top or side.

• sixtiesmuscle

sixtiesmuscle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      5:20 PM
      Thanks Wild RT !!
      we're determined not to let it sit and wither on the vine !!

• sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
      Thanks,
      I've already gone through several quarts of Rust encapsulator, Frame paint, and several cans of the internal frame coating with the nozzle... I've done the insides of EVERY frame component,insides of the rockers,in between inner and outer fenders.... If I haven't physically stripped it and then coated it.....Then i've sprayed it with something !! I'm trying my damnest for no rust to come back through anywhere from the inside....

• sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
      More progress today, but quit at 5 to go to the racetrack ( Bowman Grey Stadium).Great night for racing...perfect weather !!
      I was working on the heater Box, I have the core out and looks like everybody is recommending Glen Ray for this Recore...Also, Joe at Heatervalves.net to rebuild the valve .... Is that still the consensus ? 04&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=7FfcKAO4YE8AX9uU8kQ&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 4058_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=lVQ4_44BgBwAX-R4qUY&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 08&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=J9We43x0l6MAX8aqCim&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 1440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=hSn2meeh4zMAX8YVssb&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 1859_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=_sfIVah4rI4AX9U8X-N&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 8130_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=KNSbcvPzsVgAX_terS0&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
        More progress on the 64 !! Cowl top is on,Now the cowl has all new metal and a much larger drain hole and in Primer !! Also working on stripping the door jambs...still finding rust under paint, and Bondo not where you would expect it to be... 2766_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=s5UlQdgp-WEAX9jwxKZ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 3601_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ZZ-1rRUw4OIAX8ZtGVx&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 0227_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=jQQrrBebXLYAX8nVJa7&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 05&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=-007k8jmZFMAX-qWl1B&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 2275_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=9kZ-XT-K4r0AX_dJWZh&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
        • ckessel

Local Time:
          When I get closer to paint time on my car, I plan on pulling the doors off to do like what you are doing. Plus strip the opening jambs and back side of hood. Then I'll do the new color. That way some of the inner stuff is already done for the down the road outer re-do.

• Runcharger

Runcharger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          You guys are doing great. This car is going to be so much better than it was before. You guys have done more on this project than some fellows do after owning a project for 10 years.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          • sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
            Thanks fella's this car had three coats of paint on it, and tons of poor bodywork. Lots of filler in rust holes like one i just found in the door jamb !!. It had to be done. Fortunately, I have the time to do several afternoon/evenings a week on it. we're bound and determined to get the metalwork done, and get her back on the road !!!
            More progress today, and some on my dart.....I found some rust on it as well that was starting to bubble.It was going to Body shop to get painted and after doing a Once over of the body, we found some spots needing attention on it as well. ( we didnt do this Body work either ).... 0697_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=lShC74yvDKgAX-d-6ru&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 3288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=0ORT898ZtQUAX9XFzUx&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 2543_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=kKpC0jal-X4AX8NfHYs&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 1242_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=WnOZxrK2AHEAX8BRDO4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 7642_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=poqEvTQKDMoAX882eTW&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 5288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=4fIJ6BHCbKMAX_MoePR&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 4100_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=vn7Fi5rBqfcAX_sAfos&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 3196_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=xuYwxJ0CO44AX_Kepbz&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 10&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=F9WTwFqzEIQAX_dsNiF&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 3832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=p33BfyVpTDgAX8sG0yz&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
            • sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
              Scored some great parts at Carlisle !! Found a fellow who's dad was restoring a car, and didn't finish or sold it, or something and he had some VERY NICE NOS and New repro stuff that i got.... excellent Dash Cluster, New Door Handles, Excellent Rear Taillight lenses and Chrome, new turn signal lenses, etc etc. That afforded me the chance to get repro rear Taillight bezels from Joe Suchy, Red windlass, all the Door,Trunk rubbers, underhood seals, two Twin Post mirrors, Door sills, Trunk Mat, windshield rubber, Heater core, Trunk filler boards, Floor shift block plate,..Also Got new carpet and Floor Mats from ACC as well as console side carpet, Bought two Max wedge style heater hoses with metal inserts, and some other parts & Pieces I needed from Kramer... Just doing my part to Stimulate the economy....
              IMG-9024.JPG

• Like Like x 1
              • ckessel

Local Time:
                The CORRECT way to re-distribute wealth. Unlike the way the village idiot from Chicago preferred.

• Like Like x 2
                • sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
                  Been really busy, and The Dart has taken a little away from the 64 since Carlisle, but did some on her Saturday !! there's still not a good way to do this....also been seeing a little mouse run across the shop...found its hideout and evicted it !! 0474_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=fL6PX2UxvLAAX_LhrW_&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg IMG_9142.jpg

• MoparMur

MoparMur Well-Known Member

Local Time:
                  3:20 PM
                  Incredible job guys! Gonna be a beaut!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                  • sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
                    Got back in the garage for a little while tonight.... Hanging the fender before i strip it to mark where to cut the bottom and tack in Lower Patch. Preparing to start painting under the dash, so i'm ready to reinstall heater Box etc etc...Terry is finishing some lower patches on the dart so it can go to the Body shop SOOOON !! Also, check out the chop on his 46 Ford...It's one of the Best I've ever seen....It flows over the car, without cutting the back glass....It's laid forward !! 5538_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=8pucNcM71MQAX8rAznz&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 1576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=tvUpnTpJkhIAX_TDtAc&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg nc_oc=AQkO40C8CfUgJWFulJJxjSVt-IELKQuFtZdIklwFKV_Ak92jGxtjGHqvOoyl2hxqfhE&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 01&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=cu1-xwjrwe4AX8R9F3D&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 09&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=YD4ylVP1nj4AX-2h3oP&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 8630_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=8-bmLlS0raMAX_IiGVe&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

• Nxcoupe

Nxcoupe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
                    Wow! You are doing a great job on this. I can't wait to start on mine. I like your approach to the various repairs. I'm glad this car ended up in your hands and was saved. Keep going.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                    • sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
                      Finally Got the Dart out of the shop heading to the painters, so I can get back on the 64. We ended up repairing a lot of holes, and a floorpan on the dart... I started back by rebuilding the heater Box with a re-cored heater core and a new rebuilt valve. I cleaned and painted the box. greased all the hinges and moving parts on the heat deflector etc etc. Got it bagged up and ready to reinstall. Pulling the steering/brake brackets and e brake tomorrow to clean and paint.... IMG_9171.jpeg IMG_9296.jpeg IMG_9300.jpeg IMG_9310.jpeg IMG_9305.jpeg IMG_9311.jpeg IMG_9312.jpeg IMG_9313.jpeg IMG_9314.jpegView attachment 1166474 IMG_9316.jpeg

• sixtiesmuscle

Local Time:
                      Back on the 64 today now that the dart is at the Body shop. Hung the door to align & Fender. Started to strip the fender as I knew it needed a patch on the bottom...Found a Ton of Bondo over a huge hole covered in Duct tape..Again... I'd probably slap whoever built this car the first time if i ever met them..cut the whole bottom off and putting in a new AMD piece.It came with the inside bracket support as well.Looks like it doesn't fit perfect so we'll split it a little to get it right. The rocker, and door gaps and the fender to the NEW Cowl we made is looking good. The radius on the cowl isn't perfect but very workable !! Cleaned all the old dry seam sealer out of inside firewall. starting to clean and prep everything to paint incl Brake assly and E-Brake assembly. Will reseal, and coat everything with a coating ( still deciding which one ) on the firewall and New floor pans after we weld the floor to the frame rail connectors on the Bottom. 5880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=7nfDD1TjRvkAX-RzF78&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 7765_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=pT0qXZmYpdcAX-kD6cS&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 03&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=cgC95DaR03IAX8niNpZ&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 04&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=rrmaAtDY5O8AX9Uv8T3&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 7042_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=f1zrmWszcS4AX-ZIuBu&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 5784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=WY7lZxLp9R8AX8gd7ds&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 6673_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=xZKURDWrIHoAX-FUzV0&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 7481_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=_eEaOLRLzfEAX9szh9Z&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 6181_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=HRzuoUWSUdQAX_PfKbm&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg 4081_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=kpwPPIvdjbIAX9vacqd&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg f_0wawlZYCU90t-5PWU6h7vcoQfnsBaHvf_ptUAVQRkkPFQugl_WA&tn=dKgpRFTXwaldX7ca&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

• ckessel

Local Time:
                      Gotta love cheap body work. It amazes me how some people are driven by wallet only and not getting proper work performed. They'll spend big money on other things but when it comes to paint and body, they have Alligator arms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.