• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Thread- 64 Fury Convertible

Had an exhaustive bout with the government where they said I owed them $11,000 and my accountant assured me I didn't... But it was a hellish process...I WON

BTDT Congrats on the WIN!!

Mine was $140,000... Talk about stressed out.... Just got the final paperwork a couple weeks ago.... I knew I'd done the right thing, my CPA assured me I'd done the right thing, my attorney assured me I'd done the right thing...... But till you get that paper from the IRS you never know WTH is gonna happen....

Mine was $140,000... Talk about stressed out.... Just got the final paperwork a couple weeks ago.... I knew I'd done the right thing, my CPA assured me I'd done the right thing, my attorney assured me I'd done the right thing...... But till you get that paper from the IRS you never know WTH is gonna happen....
There's been a scam running up here in Ontario where some P@ki calls you up impersonating an RCMP officer, saying that there is an arrest warrant out on you for non-payment of income taxes. Then they insist on payment in Bitcoin or gift cards. Some people are so stupid that they actually fall for this. It has gotten so bad that convenience store employees are trained to try and talk customers out of this.

There's been a scam running up here in Ontario where some P@ki calls you up impersonating an RCMP officer, saying that there is an arrest warrant out on you for non-payment of income taxes. Then they insist on payment in Bitcoin or gift cards. Some people are so stupid that they actually fall for this. It has gotten so bad that convenience store employees are trained to try and talk customers out of this.

That goes on here too.... I was at the bank recently &a woman was trying to withdraw a large sum for an "Emergency" the cashier & a manager were trying to explain to her that the "Emergency" was likely a scam.... She wasn't accepting that concept...

Mine was 100% real as I'm sure the O/P's deal was as well...

That goes on here too.... I was at the bank recently &a woman was trying to withdraw a large sum for an "Emergency" the cashier & a manager were trying to explain to her that the "Emergency" was likely a scam.... She wasn't accepting that concept...

Mine was 100% real as I'm sure the O/P's deal was as well...
I did not mean to infer that your situation was anything but real. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

I'm glad you won the battle. Your firewall reminds me of what I look like sometimes from shaving cuts. Ha. That hvac box is nice and lite, isn't it?:lol:. I think the car came up an inch when I took mine out.

Congrats Wild R/T !! I know how you feel to get anything to do with the Government in my rear view Mirror !! I can blow my own money just fine on car toys without having those bastards try to take it !!!!

Other than Hillary or Rosie O'Donell coming after you with strap ons, nothing can make a person cringe like getting singled out by the IRS.

More progress on the 64. We moved her over to the lift side now that the steering box is back on. Welded the floorpans down to the Sub frame connectors. Finished the under dash and inside cowl area. getting ready to remount the E brake, steering column brackets, and Heater Box etc etc. I'll also be finishing the entire bottom of car. I have some of it done, but more to do. Needle scaling more old undercoating and light rust looking for holes or weak spots. Gas tank is coming out, and rearend is coming out.....we also put new rotors, bearings and pads on the front of the "Wander Wagon", and I pulled my Shop truck in to pull steering Gear for rebuild, I'm also replacing the carb & Power brake booster & Master....My truck has been a little neglected since I got the Wagon and has been sitting for several months with the gear leaking. I've got to get it going before winter really hits to have for hauling the car trailer.
11&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=EOknrlpO-xIAX9fw3mg&tn=n_wiIQkwoPq-UBLO&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
4117_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=fqZ5vvxMRYsAX-Z5c6W&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
9356_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=3VO7I2xEEJMAX-wo82v&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
1298_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=RfP8dzHueF4AX-P60uq&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
3670_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=PazIP0D2LTIAX_KmRSZ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
258342541_4922160151152219_8037510038623544910_n.jpg

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year !! Got back in the shop on the 64 for the last three days and got some stuff Done !! Old Swedge rearend out !! Old Drum Brakes on the front Off !! Gas Tank and old lines Out ! ( not a Bad tank if some one needs it ) I got a New Tank, Pad, Strap, & Sending Unit....Needle Scaled Sanded, and Cleaned everything under the enitire rear of car. Got everything coated in Rust preventor. Will Seam seal & Undercoat Everything next. We also welded in a reinforcement for the upper shock mounts. We Got the 69' Housing in, New Brake kits installed. Also Got the spindle Swap done on the front for Front Disc.... Just need to get the Brake Hose's. Does anyone know the correct hose for an M Body Spindle with Cailpers facing forward ??
1580_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=etrfVg2iWnYAX9PKjIs&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
c_cat=110&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=PpESXEH11FkAX8BeGJE&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
7269_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=7uzRzR7q3asAX-MBsFn&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
6874_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=WF-9A5l6A8wAX9IpxP8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
05&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=tPU_-ydtdwIAX-p3HUa&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
0392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=UL4XgHrHgCMAX8PfM7D&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
09&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=RxBsGJslFnkAX_yRIOe&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
11&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=3NziZ8M8iRYAX8aNdps&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
1550_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=2uUAKNdTgMgAX-GXdMU&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg
1484_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=MUSjusn7nboAX-S3bm9&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.jpg

Looking good. You must be making someone jealous since they red x'd you. Probably the same putz that blessed me with one on my garage build thread.

Last edited:
Looking good. You must be making someone jealous since they red x'd you. Probably the same putz that blessed me with one on my garage build thread.
Just my fat fingers. Earl got a hold of me and I fixed it. No jealousy here. I am working on a 1964 Polara and have been following his build. He has done an amazing amount of work and my hat is off to him. I even donated a pair of convertible door wedges to his project. I am going to have to put my fingers on a diet.

Got a lot of work done underneath the rear of the 64. Since We did a lot of welding, and a lot of the original seam sealer was removed as well as the Undercoating. I am working on Re-Seam Sealing all the new welded areas as well as the original seams that had sealer. We got the 69 Charger rear housing in, Entire rear area under Gas tank is sealed and under coated, working on sealing wheel Wells,At this point, everything in the rear area had been needle scaled, or cleaned down to the factory paint, then resealed with Rust prohibitor ( sorta shiny), and then is being undercoated which i like the appearance of better. Hogs head is clean and painted, reinstalled. All new rear brakes done, Axle seals in, new brake hard lines, hose, and tee and vent. Preparing to remove old Tapered Bearings, clean Axles and install new “Green” bearings !!
5228_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=TiXQV-SEcMgAX-plkns&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
07&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=dkEt4boU5sgAX8e4VdY&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
9243_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=ES3NYw9TitkAX_h2nqR&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
0871_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Qhw3T5rg_REAX-aSAh5&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
5615_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Dd_yVWqeKWwAX9x3HNX&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
0528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=vH_suoO_kx0AX8gbOVX&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
272397516_5147269708641261_7774341325696944363_n.jpg
3257_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=qjCQkOPDjzwAX-oxlpq&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
5683_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=BEoAzK8oqoEAX-3Uu9i&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
04&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=qd3hnM4cjMIAX_MnU0v&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
mjLjAGgNADLTQ9h6GxYmRI_RZ7OtuBKOqMgyfix6b7dl63aAuSaLo&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
7550_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=9MRukd5Hv_sAX8yC4I1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
4426_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=uFpYCh9DqBUAX-dbWzi&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
dzrc9_fC8oM3KpOfAiv27fBBlSMny4PwcKBZz2T6cs8mcM-pg3Pfb61tH_jDXbrkPxroMngBj&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Stay away from Sherman metal, usually always junk and never fits.

Sherman & Associates mean't junk over 30 years ago. I see they are continuing the tradition!

I was able to get some AMD, some Good Original from Texas, and we Made some from scratch, and just used some sherman pieces that we used part of or modified.

We got the brakes buttoned up, New front stainless lines,The rear shocks on, the old bearings cut off. The new Axle bearings pressed on, Axles are in, only problem is the left rear axle is a left hand thread, and I didn’t realize it. So, I have to pull it and put in right hand thread ones. At that point, it’s officially a roller again. I still have more cleaning and painting and undercoating on the belly pan, and inner fenders to finish the bottom. But about ready to take off the lift to free it up and put her back on the other side of the shop. Just a tiny bit more sheetmetal work on the rear taillight area, and the door gap on the bottom of right door where we replaced the rocker panel, then Off to paint the firewall, windshield frame, dash, & steering Column. Then we will put the motor and Tranny in !!!!!
1698_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=_gxGduNJzawAX_eOL5S&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
3334_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=hxtV34n7tGkAX_olcXK&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
8474_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=hbtK76rbz_QAX8chcgo&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
8212_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=jEBE_Y4Y_TQAX-6KGUl&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
9997_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=GXwO13PKm6UAX_uaOWj&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
2829_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=vuUYj_Zj6JMAX8QxeW4&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back