• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build Thread- 64 Fury Convertible

My " Shop Truck" blew a seal on the power steering gear, and the Fluid was Milky looking, so we pulled it, replaced it and the Power steering Pump, cleaned all the lines. We also why we were at it, replaced the Power Brake Booster & Master Cylinder, as they were both 'tired'. I also upgraded to a new Holley Carb !! Its running real well, Steering is whisper quite and smooth, and the brakes have a great pedal feel and stop great!! This truck has, we believe over 400,000 on the clock !!! It had 320,000 when i bought it over 10 years ago from the original owner. I dont think there is a system or component I havent touched refurbishing everything over the years... Also, The 71 Dart stripping is complete, metalwork finished. and is in Primer getting ready to start bodywork. The new Garage is also taking shape !!! Its dried in with windows, & doors now.
272148659_5142681092433456_3709294695376547245_n.jpg
9868_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=L0hwh-HcrpQAX9-ouGZ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
271759650_5142681152433450_8018557636382729567_n.jpg
7748_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=gNw01ZO_qZYAX9umnye&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
7818_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=wHqNlLsQlXUAX9RGgff&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
5943_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=QBECyh5T6ZMAX-aaLHL&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
9053_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=XRs7xODAAe4AX8aU3gZ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

My " Shop Truck" blew a seal on the power steering gear, and the Fluid was Milky looking, so we pulled it, replaced it and the Power steering Pump, cleaned all the lines. We also why we were at it, replaced the Power Brake Booster & Master Cylinder, as they were both 'tired'. I also upgraded to a new Holley Carb !! Its running real well, Steering is whisper quite and smooth, and the brakes have a great pedal feel and stop great!! This truck has, we believe over 400,000 on the clock !!! It had 320,000 when i bought it over 10 years ago from the original owner. I dont think there is a system or component I havent touched refurbishing everything over the years... Also, The 71 Dart stripping is complete, metalwork finished. and is in Primer getting ready to start bodywork. The new Garage is also taking shape !!! Its dried in with windows, & doors now.
7245_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=MPWj6l_-QwgAX-EQwKJ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
View attachment 1228174
06&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=lzvexXB1bDgAX_w2rMG&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
View attachment 1228175 View attachment 1228176 View attachment 1228177 View attachment 1228178
Holy Crap, you have been busy! Are you related to the Energizer Bunny?

Holy Crap, you have been busy! Are you related to the Energizer Bunny?
Well, I was sick for two weeks right at the beginning of the year and NOTHING got done....so, I'm playing Catch up !! I'm contracting the garage addition myself, but have a construction Ace who's doing all the heavy building now. Once the roof is on, the sidings up, and the insulation is in. I'll start doing a lot of the interior finishing myself. The Dart is off at a capable Body mans shop, so i dont have to reassemble it till its done. ( hoping to take it to Carlisle ). I work for myself, so I have weeks where im working and weeks when i'm not. The past week I wasn't so we were slamming in the shop 8+ hrs a day.... I get up in the morning, and do 4 hrs at my house in the office, and then go down to Terrys shop right after lunch, and we work the afternoon, take a dinner break, and most days go back in the shop and work till 9-10 pm. He's retired and only works in the shop when i'm down there. We work on my stuff as well as his. Most of his cars are done, except he just bought an A Model Roadster, so hes been Gathering parts. we will start to build it once the Plymouth goes off for Paint..... I help him, and he helps me....Some Saturdays I go down to his place, and he doesn't want to work and we'll just shoot the breeze, or go into town and hang out at our buddies junkyard,tell stories and be lazy !!

Well, I was sick for two weeks right at the beginning of the year and NOTHING got done....so, I'm playing Catch up !! I'm contracting the garage addition myself, but have a construction Ace who's doing all the heavy building now. Once the roof is on, the sidings up, and the insulation is in. I'll start doing a lot of the interior finishing myself. The Dart is off at a capable Body mans shop, so i dont have to reassemble it till its done. ( hoping to take it to Carlisle ). I work for myself, so I have weeks where im working and weeks when i'm not. The past week I wasn't so we were slamming in the shop 8+ hrs a day.... I get up in the morning, and do 4 hrs at my house in the office, and then go down to Terrys shop right after lunch, and we work the afternoon, take a dinner break, and most days go back in the shop and work till 9-10 pm. He's retired and only works in the shop when i'm down there. We work on my stuff as well as his. Most of his cars are done, except he just bought an A Model Roadster, so hes been Gathering parts. we will start to build it once the Plymouth goes off for Paint..... I help him, and he helps me....Some Saturdays I go down to his place, and he doesn't want to work and we'll just shoot the breeze, or go into town and hang out at our buddies junkyard,tell stories and be lazy !!
Great way to live and work.

Earl I noticed in this photo the radio antennae lead grommet appears as though it was never secured and the hole only large enough for the antennae lead to pass through? I removed the splash shield on my 64 today to access the antennae since it was loose and I could not tighten it. (corrosion on threads) I noticed the hole in the car was never large enough for the grommet to push into. Also the hole appeared to be "knocked through" from inside to out instead of drilled.

66_n-jpg-_nc_cat-107-ccb-2-_nc_sid-0debeb-_nc_ohc-plzyr7wtijqax_vqnnv-_nc_ht-scontent-iad3-1-jpg.jpg

Finished cleaning all the loose scale and dirt from the bottom of the car. Also blew out all the frame rails.Tons of gravel, Crap, & a mouse nest....Now i know whewre the stuffing in my original passenger seat went...LOL. Got the entire belly Pan coated in rust proofing( Por 15). Will coat the inside of frame rails with rustproofing, and then finish Seam sealing all the welds and factory seals. Then Undercoat the entire floorboards. May also coat the wheelwells with Raptor. My floorpans came a long way from the Before photos !! Everybody remember what they looked like...LOL
3701_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=aMnakVOsRCwAX9Au-b7&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
2434_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=9N6kWEz4n3sAX9xLJ92&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
2163_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=UXCddfBhoKoAX8V5nSd&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
00&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=IUzYe2HaRlcAX-SM4F7&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
2420_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=OhrdVdA5JRUAX9pReaM&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
1426_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=MaHkBd9ICYsAX-4Rr48&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
6782_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=vi0tXdmlSXcAX8rQULV&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
01&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=eCLQnSEzY6oAX8Ie803&tn=ojpXsrg_BZoZzCjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
8904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=L1x49dbgMsEAX9cdZ8H&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

You get much snow down there?

You get much snow down there?
We got 5 inches the first time, and then about three more friday night with sleet mixed in, so even after a 50 degree day today... there's still icy patches in the shade on the backroads. My daughter (youngest )21 was in a wreck Friday night as a passenger in her friends car. ( i had told her she couldn't drive hers since I own it ) She had stayed at a friends house, and they were out and she said they didn't realize it had gotton bad. Her friend totaled her car....I had already told her it wasn't safe to be out on the roads, as I had come back from the shop at about 6;30 when it started and it was already sticking on the roads....but kids don't listen. Fortunately she wasn't hurt....

You got what we got. Be glad when its totally gone! Glad your daughter's ok. And your exactly right, kids don't listen. Kind of like us back when! Ha!

I looked at my side cowl yesterday. It too has the hole which looks hand done with a punch. Will have to address that if I keep a regular antenna.

Yes, exactly. Like it was punched out inliu of drilled.

I looked at my side cowl yesterday. It too has the hole which looks hand done with a punch. Will have to address that if I keep a regular antenna.
I wonder if this was common practice at every plant??

Well in any case I'm going to leave it be for future forensics.

Auto Transport Service
Back