• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Built me a tool cart....

Thrashingcows

Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
Had this sort of planned for a while, scavenged an old metal table and the metal/chrome base of an office chair from the waste transfer station and decided to combine the two into a tool tray I can roll around the shop.

What I started with...

miDH7Psh.jpg

used some scavenged old metal bed frame pieces to square up the legs...stuff is paper thin and horrible to try and weld.

MXs66vGh.jpg

Cut down the chair so it would sit under the lower frame, and then welded it in place.

eLea25Vh.jpg

Then cut a scrap piece of 3/4 plywood for a lower shelf.

HAcf1qah.jpg

Table is about 29" x 23" and has a small lip around the outside edge so should be a very handy thing to have around.

Cost was $0 dollars as all materials were scavenged pieces. :D

Being a "pack rat" has it's benefits! I have a 40' semi trailer full of steel and aluminum. It's my go to place.
Mike

Mine is an old rusty motorless 92 Dodge ram truck....box is full of scrap metal and aluminum I scavenge. I also just used some of my hoard to build a gate for our little veggy garden.

View attachment 959368
Mine is an old rusty motorless 92 Dodge ram truck....box is full of scrap metal and aluminum I scavenge. I also just used some of my hoard to build a gate for our little veggy garden.
Last year I had our garden fenced to keep out the damn deer. I built 3 gates out of EMT and the extra fence wire from the enclosure. I built the hinges from aluminum round stock and nylon toilet repair screws, using nylon flat bushings in between hinge "leaves". The big gate swings up for tractor access but, incorporates a man gate also. Fun project!
Mike
IMG_2130.JPG
IMG_2129.JPG

View attachment 959368

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back