• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butterscotch Mopars

The color made it's debut on the A12 cars. The two magazine test cars that were both red,were repainted butterscotch the promote the color. I'm not sure on the accuracy of this number,but I was told mine was one of six hardtop A12 Superbees painted this color. I was told that there were 33 post A12 Superbees painted this color. Thats not a lot of cars.

I noticed the total on Code 97 (butterscotch) is 38. That may just have been the accounted for cars that you were quoted?
KID

saw this A12 road runner on ebay Item # 250282003485. Says ita 39,000 original mile Bahama yellow car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plym...m14QQhashZitem250280203485QQitemZ250280203485 Hope that works!

NNER1969-1sm A12.jpg

Not to rub salt in old wounds, but i do not think IMO that Daniel's a12 super bee has been rebodied. IMO to rebody a car would be to take the vin and title from one car and install it on another car. They used what was salvageable from the original car i.e. top ,trunk opening including vin nubers,and tops of quarter panels. It has had alot of rust repair and parts used from a completely different car, buy no one is saying it is an original sheetmetal A12 super bee. At least someone is interested in salvaging a truely rare car. It would be no different to take that original car and put every part that AMD is repoping on it. I would call what they did extensive rust repair, but instead of new parts they used a fairly rust free donor car. I have a rear floor pan out of a rust free satellite that i am going to put in my GTX , I wonder if that will be rebodied? :rolling: These days we have to do what is needed to repair these cars, while still retainig as much of the original car as possible. It is a love and a passion of mine and many others that can not afford to buy a car that is O.E certified gold at the mopar nationals. If it was not for project cars there would be no industry for these parts or any need for these great websites. We would have a web site talking about what a nice drive we had in or cars today. Again just my thoughts on this, not trying to start an argument on this.
Matt

When you take the roof and top of the rear quarters off of one car.And weld them to another body.Then switch tags that is a REBODY.And that is a FACT.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT REBODING A CAR IS RIGHT! I consider that the act of using a COMPLETE different car, and then installing a vin number or tags on it as something that it is not.Taking a slant six car and putting the vin and tags off of a hemi car or six pack car and thats all you use of the car is wrong.All i was saying is that in this case they used as much of the original A12 super bee as possible, and did the work to save it. Also if you represent something I.E. a car or anything as something it is not then that is wrong and not ethical. I stated that this was only my opinion on this car. Would it have been different if they had used all repop parts? They are making complete frame rails, floors, trunks, tailpanels, wheelhouses, and onand on. I dont think that anyone is reprsenting this car as something that its not. Its a car that has been cut apart and had the use of a donor car to repair. Talk about wrong Look at all the 1971 hemi cuda' converts around. Did they every build one with anything but a hemi? Its all about misrepresentation of something. Just like taking a satellite and making a GTX or a roadrunner. Its still a Satellite with roadrunner or GTX parts and that is all. At any rate GTXperience said it best, and i should have listened lets get back to the real thread! I understand that people are different and that they share different views on this and all other matters. There is no diffenitive line on how much of one car has to be used for it to still be that car. On that note i bow out on this matter, i love all mopars and all ways will so lets see some more Butterscotch mopars!

BTW, YOU are the one that started this thread down the rebody road.LOL! But I think the the original post of seeing more Butterscotch "B" bodies has run it's course. If you want to see more of them go to http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl there is also a post on there somewhere by Dave Watt that give the figures of the number of A12 cars colors per what they have REGISTERED. There are no factory figures or percentages of how man cars were painted which colors so that is as good as your going to find.[/QUOTE]

Dir sir, I did not start this thread down the re-body course. If you would read the complete thread , it had already been brought up and discussed. So if you would please care to read the complete thread you will find this out. I also understand that the car lines are basicly the same in and of themselves. With there being very few weld on differences. Sorry for stating my opioin on this matter.
Matt

Don't worry, Matt. Darryl is really liked by all. So much so he's been banned from Moparts. Twice.

I think the line in Post #57says it all...
There is no PROVEN right or wrong on this subject unless you agree with what the laws say about it.
This line really kills me.Thats like saying theres no right or wrong in robbing a bank unless you agree with what the law say about it.696pack What in the hell are you talking about.Were you drunk when you wrote this B.S.

If the Mona Lisa painting was damaged.And the frame was still good.If you scrapped the painting painted a new one ,and put it on the old Mona Lisa frame.Would it still be the Mona Lisa?Would it be wrong to try and sell that painting?Nothing wrong with that right!Unless you agree with what the law says about it.

But it says nothing about removing said VIN and replacing it on a completely different car.

THAT is the issue.

I can see where is can be interpreted to mean "it's ok to remove the VIN from your cracked E body dash pad, and replace it on a restored pad". That only makes sense. But putting it on a a completely different body isn't the same thing.

Their inaction doesn't prove a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto Transport Service
Back