• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Emissions Carter 2 bbl Carburetor Replacement/Swap

Moparmann

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
I currently have a '70 Dodge Charger 500 318 c.i. w/ California emissions Carter carburetor. It has an additional connector for a rubber hose on the top/front of the carb. I have been attempting to get a replacement for it, but it seems that no one has any for sale. The one I purchased that allegedly was a fit doesn't have said connector. Would it be possible to swap /utilize a regular non-CA carb and just plug the hose? Thanks for any assistance provided!

California Emissions Carter 2 bbl.jpgCarter 2 bbl Carb.jpg

I currently have a '70 Dodge Charger 500 318 c.i. w/ California emissions Carter carburetor. It has an additional connector for a rubber hose on the top/front of the carb. I have been attempting to get a replacement for it, but it seems that no one has any for sale. The one I purchased that allegedly was a fit doesn't have said connector. Would it be possible to swap /utilize a regular non-CA carb and just plug the hose? Thanks for any assistance provided!

View attachment 1624684View attachment 1624685
The tubes heading right are float bowl vents. Use them as is. Do not plug them as the bowl pressure will change the fuel level in the bowl and fuel flow quantity.
Mike

you could have yours rebuilt

View attachment 1624684View attachment 1624685
Thanks, Mike; Maybe I wasn't clear in my description, but I was only concerned with the white plastic connector tube. It's part of a CA emissions package, as my car has an additional vent tube on the right side of the trunk (it looks almost like a second gas filler tube). The new carb is what I was sent, stating that "it's a direct replacement", (I have one just like it on my '74 318), the older carb on the left is NOT my actual carb, it was just a picture used to show where the extra rubber hose connected. Thanks again for your assistance, and have a great day!

Auto Transport Service
Back