• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cam & Lifters

Well, the brand is one thing. The specs are very much a personal kind of thing as to where and how the engine/car performs. IKO, it would be best to state what your looking for out of your vehicle/engine combo.

Tell us what car you have as well as
What size engine
Auto or manual trans
Rear size and gear
Tire size
Car weight

As for what you want out of the engine and car, are you looking for a general hot rod? Or a more beastly street strip car? Is there a certain ET you want to run in the 1/4? A cruiser? A bruiser? Racing?

Perhaps this forum, up top where the sticker threads in yellow are you can find out some info and direction and possibly, an answer?

Check it out:

Racers Hangout

Comp, Hughes, Lunati etc.... do a search and a lot of reading/research, or find a competent engine builder.

I've used lunati and Ultradyne with good success. The bigger issue is the lifters, as there seem to be a lot of junk ones floating around even from reputable manufacturers.

As far as specs, that's like a fingerprint, every engine and its associated performance is different. What are the engine specs, what are your goals, what's it going in, gears, etc...are all factors to be considered.

I've used lunati and Ultradyne with good success. The bigger issue is the lifters, as there seem to be a lot of junk ones floating around even from reputable manufacturers.

As far as specs, that's like a fingerprint, every engine and its associated performance is different. What are the engine specs, what are your goals, what's it going in, gears, etc...are all factors to be considered.
I have a 1976, 400 that has very low mileage and I'm just planning increase the compression a little to have more HP over the stock HP. Just a good street motor for a A, B or E body. Looking for reliable brands that are proven by the members.

In terms of accuracy: I have degreed Comp, Isky & Bullet [ Ultradyne ] cams. All were custom grinds. Comp was the most accurate, ie the numbers matched what was on the card.

Auto Transport Service
Back