• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Came Here for Help

Lol, chatting on green bearings consumes volumes on the forum. If you have a few hours, or a week, you could search this topic in the archives. One of the first things I did when I got my ’63 Plymouth was swap out the rear; a ’65 Coronet rear bolted right on and installing a sure-grip was the next thing. Depends on preferences; but wanted to drop the tapered shafts.

Ive used cut to fit length late style shafts with green bearings in the original housing. There is no room for axle seals doing it this way. The housing isn’t machined deep enough. However the green bearings are sealed and ringed. It worked fine. I’ve used green bearings for 25 years. Only one failure. And it was oil seepage. I failed 2 factory style bearings during the same time frame.
Doug

Unless what Dr Diff sells to replace the tapered axles with a flanged axle are different from the factory axle, he did supply seals.
20170809_163351.jpg

20170809_164515.jpg

20170729_102915.jpg

You can look through the link I provided in post #10 for more info.

To replace a '62 or '63 rear end, use a '66 or '67 axle. It is narrower than the '68-'70.

I used a Dana 60 from a 1970 Charger under a 1964 Polara and I actually had more tire clearance on the passenger side than the original 8-3/4 had. Just a scooch as I had H 50s mounted under there. Not sure what they translate to today's tires.

On 1964 Dodge and Plymouth Max Wedge and Hemi cars, Chrysler installed the narrower 1963 rear end, so racers could run wider rims and tires. So, nowadays, a person could do the same kind of thing by putting the narrower 1966-1967 rear end under early B-bodies. A buddy of mine recently purchased a 1962 Dart Maxie clone that has a 1966 Dana 60 under it, and has good tire clearance with 255R60 X 15.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

cool cars

View attachment 1214428
View attachment 1214429 View attachment 1214430 I'll be sure to post a thread in the sections you guys linked after work later. Thanks guys. In the meantime, here's some pictures. Above are the Coronets.
View attachment 1214432 View attachment 1214433 View attachment 1214434
Here's the Satellite.
View attachment 1214435 View attachment 1214436 View attachment 1214437 View attachment 1214438 And of course, my Polara!
I'd upload pictures of the Dart, but I've reached the picture limit for one post, and I doubt anyone here would want to see an old A-body anyway :lol:
Post it up
a 67 Dart Convertible is a cool car to start with

we like them all around here

equal opportunity gearheads,
some of us even like trucks (pick-ups & 4x4s)

I've had a 68 GTS convertible/Dart GT (even cloned)
on my eventual bucket list for some time
I'd like to do a BB 4 speed swap, if it didn't have it already
no extra room or extra car funds

if you're trying to sell it, post it up
in the MoPar Marketplace forum section here too
(or even over at www.ForABodiesOnly.com also)

I've had a 68 GTS convertible/Dart GT (even cloned)
on my eventual bucket list for some time
I'd like to do a BB 4 speed swap, if it didn't have it already
no extra room or extra car funds
I had an original 383 4 speed GTS convertible. Decided I needed a newer car in 78. Bought a Volare Road Runner. Hind site is 20/20. Still own the Road Runner though.
Doug

Finally had a chance to check back in here. Here are some Dart pics. Main thing it needs is the body and interior done. And to finish installing the new Painless wiring kit lol. Lots of new parts when I got it. He painted the engine bay a little prematurely in my opinion though. Now I either have to paint match the rest of the car or change the color. Oh well lol
20210516_183720.jpg
20210309_212314.jpg
20210516_184253.jpg

Paint the car orange like the engine bay. It would make a rare car even more unique!
:thumbsup:
My older brothers first car was a 67 dart 4 door.
My first car was a 65 Dart coupe.
My younger sister inherited my older brothers dart as her first car as my brother replaced the 67 with a 69 340 4spd Swinger.
I liked my Dart so much I bought a 63 Dart coupe as well
My next brother had a well used 68 Charger
last brother had a 72 Dart
youngest sister (17 years younger than me) first car was a Plymouth TC3
My fathers ride for most of those years was a 65 Fury 3 Wagon!
Mopar Family!
:lol:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back