• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Camonics" cam specs needed.

rev.ronnie

Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
Hey all,
i just picked up a few old Hemi cams from a customer. A Racer Brown, a Crane and a "Camonics".

Does anyone have an old book to identify the Camonics camshaft?

I see the Racer Brown still on their website and Crane sent me the info on that one but this third one eludes me.

I will post the grind number later today.

Thanks, Ron

I already tried to call them. Number is disconnected. I'm hoping someone has an old book.

I havent used them in years. like 20 years. Im heading that way today and will see if there are still there.

Try calling Ultradyne/Bullett. Every search I did for Camnomics, Ultradyne and Bullett both came up.

I thought that too at first, but Camnomics comes right up with location and phone number and all on a general search. Along with Ultradyne and Bullet.

I haven't talked to Ed for seven years but I do have a stack of Camonics cam cards. He used to grind cams for my dad's Nascar and various other engines. What is the grind number? Maybe we will get lucky.

Just as I thought the shop isnt there anymore. Last time I was there he reground my cam for a 315 poly

Thanks for the info guys, I'll get the grind number off of it and see if it looks familiar.

I haven't talked to Ed for seven years but I do have a stack of Camonics cam cards. He used to grind cams for my dad's Nascar and various other engines. What is the grind number? Maybe we will get lucky.
IQ52, do you still have that stack of Camonics Cam cards? I'm trying to find a cam card for grind #348. Plz let me know. Thanks!

Hey all,
i just picked up a few old Hemi cams from a customer. A Racer Brown, a Crane and a "Camonics".

Does anyone have an old book to identify the Camonics camshaft?

I see the Racer Brown still on their website and Crane sent me the info on that one but this third one eludes me.

I will post the grind number later today.

Thanks, Ron

Did you ever find any specs for your Camonics Cam? I'm trying to find a cam card for grind #348.

@BillW
This is a pretty old thread. Try creating a new thread and type the names of those members you want to reach the way I typed yours above, along with your questions, in the body (not title box)of your new thread. The site will alert them "BillW mentioned you in thread so-and-so" and if they log on they'll see it...no guarantees but you'll have better chances of getting the info you're after

best to run it through a cam doc or similar or get the degree wheelout or stick it in a lathe with a degree wheel and a dial indiacator cheers

The guy from Camonics used to work for Racer Brown when Brown was in California. My old boss at the speed shop used him quite a bit along with Norris. Not sure if either are still around.

so did anyone call chuck norris Chuck at 818-780-1102 he may know if he is still around
note that some 818 area code numbers are now 626 depending on where his shopwas North Hollywood? get me an address and I can check it out
Only there a couple of times- he did have Racer Brown style masters as did camonics

@BillW
This is a pretty old thread. Try creating a new thread and type the names of those members you want to reach the way I typed yours above, along with your questions, in the body (not title box)of your new thread. The site will alert them "BillW mentioned you in thread so-and-so" and if they log on they'll see it...no guarantees but you'll have better chances of getting the info you're after
O.K., thanks for the info. I'm new here and wasn't sure how to do what you suggested, so that's very helpful.

best to run it through a cam doc or similar or get the degree wheelout or stick it in a lathe with a degree wheel and a dial indiacator cheers
Yes, that's the option I'm trying to avoid. The cam card would make life a lot easier...

so did anyone call chuck norris Chuck at 818-780-1102 he may know if he is still around
note that some 818 area code numbers are now 626 depending on where his shopwas North Hollywood? get me an address and I can check it out
Only there a couple of times- he did have Racer Brown style masters as did camonics
Thanks. Yes, they were in North Hollywood. I tried all the numbers I could find for Camonics, and did some additional research. Looks like the Camonics owner, Edmond Neino may have passed away. They are definitely not in business anymore, just hoping to see if someone ended up with anything from the business, like their records, cam cards, etc.

you might try and match it up with the Racer Brown named shop back east, they would be the only other ones I could think of that would know
or ask Isky (himself)

Auto Transport Service
Back