• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can Anyone Help Identifying This Part from My 69 Coronet R/T?

Steve 80

Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Thanks to all that have commented, here is some additional information: the material is non-metallic and stiff. It almost feels like a thick tar paper used in roofing. It measures 3" X 24" X 3/16" my guess on the material is old hard rubber. The hood to radiator seal is still in place and is soft and very flexible.
I had it stored with the radiator so I thought it mounted close to the radiator. Seal.JPG

Last edited:
wiring guard at the inside of the door sills under the carpet?

That looks to be made of rubber. I'd guess it is supposed to be attached to the hood to direct incoming air to be directed into the radiator instead of between the hood and core support.

That looks to be made of rubber. I'd guess it is supposed to be attached to the hood to direct incoming air to be directed into the radiator instead of between the hood and core support.

I believe this is what this piece is for, but not for a 69 Coronet. Are you sure this is from your car? I have several 69 Coronet models and do not recognize it.

D

AMD reproduces these, wiring guard across the door frames.

AMD reproduces these, wiring guard across the door frames.
Are you talking about the piece that covers the wiring that runs under the door sill? Never seen one made of anything but metal....

Yes the metal one, some one said they thought it looked like rubber..

Thanks to all that have commented, the material is non-metallic and stiff. It almost feels like a thick tar paper used in roofing. It measures 3" X 24" X 3/16" my guess on the material is old hard rubber. The hood to radiator seal is still in place and is soft and very flexible.
I had it stored with the radiator so I thought it mounted close to the radiator.

If you turn it vertically, do any of the slots line up with the radiator mounting bolts? Just guessing here.

I've checked all around the radiator to see if any of the patterns line up with out any luck.

My 68 Coronet R/T has a similar looking piece of hard rubber attached to the inside front of the hood just behind the latch... see the attached photo._KCM1606.jpg

the piece in question does not look long enough to be a hood to core support seal...at least to me

Is it this part? In the 69 parts catalog on illustration page 7-5 item number 7-26-15 rubber air shield?

Also, here's a pic of the 66 Charger fender to body seal. Looks kinda like it.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Is it this part? In the 69 parts catalog on illustration page 7-5 item number 7-26-15 rubber air shield?

I think Ghostrider is onto it. While the parts manual shows this part under the Coronet with 3 different numbers, the descriptions don't make sense....fast back Coronet? W, except Fast Back, 2856614 seems to be the only logical possiblity.

With that said, none of my Coronets have this piece on them. I do not believe this is a Coronet part especially since it is listed under the New Yorker detail. See parts manual sheets below.

D

New Yorker Grille.JPG
New Yorker Grille 4.jpg

Correct. I mean that perhaps his part is this sort of part that goes on HIS car. Not that this part specifically is on his car.

Steve 80,

Just out of curiostiy, what is the radiator number you had this stored with?

D

Big D,
The top of the radiator has the following numbers: 18398 2949 055
I'm starting to wonder if this part some how got mixed up with my parts. I've moved three times since pulling the engine in the late 80's.
Thanks for your interest.
Steve

Steve,

The radiator is 26" so there is an option that precipitated this. The parts manual sheet above lists the part as "Radiator Air". I suspect this means air conditioning and this is a corresponding sheild? It looks to be cut to clear the lower radiator hose, drain, and automatic transmission lines.

I can see from your first picture that your car is an non air, unless this is not the car it belongs to?

D

Auto Transport Service
Back