• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone identify this front suspension

Paul_G

Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
This is on a 49 Plymouth business coupe that recently acquired me. I dont think it is stock for 49 with torsion bars and a sway bar. Any idea what it might be from? It has a 318 LA engine with a 4 speed manual and 8 1/4 rear end.
20170924_161224.jpg
20170924_161236.jpg
20170924_161301.jpg

Thank you for that. Any idea what years it was produced? I need some rebuild parts for it. I wonder if the whole drive train in the 49 came from the same car?

Could also be from an 80 to 83 Mirada or Cordoba as I HAD both! I like your wording about how it acquired YOU!

Could also be from an 80 to 83 Mirada or Cordoba as I HAD both! I like your wording about how it acquired YOU!

Yep. It followed me home last Thursday night. I have been giving it some much needed love all weekend. It had a plethora of problems which sent most people walking. The other owner was not mechanically inclined and was paying dearly for repairs to keep this one running. Sadly for him, he took it in the shorts on this car, bought it sight unseen, and the price he paid should have been for a nice running and driving car.

I feel sad for the former owner but happy for the car and you now! Do you have any other pictures of it? Sure has a cute bottom!

Damn, that is beautiful! I want it...........of course I'm usually broke most of the time. I'm wondering if the 4 speed manual is really a 3 speed with overdrive. I sounds to me like they stuck the whole underside and drivetrain of a Volare /Aspen/ Mirada/ Cordoba under it. If that is the case, you should be able to cruise at low RPM and get halfway decent mileage! Sweet!

By the way Blade, I hope that you are doing well.....God Bless YOU!

Speedo doesn't work yet. I got to find a speedometer cable that fits it. One of the many things that didn't work on this little Jewel. It does cruise at low RPM even in town. I rarely put it in 4th gear. Keep in mind I don't have many drive hours on this yet. No plate, no confidence!

I don't think I ever drove more than a mile or 2 with no plate, only to bring home a vehicle that wasn't yet registered. Was that an original 6 volt car and/or was it converted to 12 volts? What ever it's gorgeous!

It was 6 volt now convcerted to 12 volt. The battery wont hold a charge, date coded from 2011. The poor guy complained that it wont start most of the time. No kidding, it is old and tired, time for a new battery.

Damn, that is beautiful! I want it...........of course I'm usually broke most of the time. I'm wondering if the 4 speed manual is really a 3 speed with overdrive. I sounds to me like they stuck the whole underside and drivetrain of a Volare /Aspen/ Mirada/ Cordoba under it. If that is the case, you should be able to cruise at low RPM and get halfway decent mileage! Sweet!

By the way Blade, I hope that you are doing well.....God Bless YOU!
Thanks mutimopes! I’m rolling with the punches.

Auto Transport Service
Back