• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I get a parts list?

THE STIG

Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
I want to convert my 70 Charger from 727 Automatic to a 4 speed. So far I have the rebuilt transmission w/ linkage and shift mecanism (thanks fbbo!), bell housing, clutch cover and 143 tooth flywheel. I know I still need a Z bar, shifter tunnel, and clutch but what else will I need to bring my dreams of banging gears to a reality?

You'll need the phone# for Brewer's Performance..they have everything you need!
You'll need pedals, zbar bracket for the frame, flywheel bolts, pressure plate and bolts, trans to bellhousing bolts, clutch fork and bracket, clutch fork boot, clutch rod and boot, ball studs and bushings for the zbar, linkage kit for the zbar, throwout bearing, shifter handle and floor boot, new carpet...
If your auto is a column shift, you could change the column to make it look right. If it's a console car, you'll need a new top plate and boot.
I'm sure I missed something, but this will get you close.

mopar bill pretty much nailed it! there is alot of little parts you just dont think about.

I forgot I do have the pedals (thankns again fbbo). And as for the column I have the collars from a non column shift car.

I forgot to mention- you'll need a pilot bushing and a crank that's drilled out for a pilot bushing. I like to leave the bushing in the freezer for a few days and bang them into the crank with a deadblow hammer, but I'm sure there are other tricks out there.

I forgot to mention- you'll need a pilot bushing and a crank that's drilled out for a pilot bushing. I like to leave the bushing in the freezer for a few days and bang them into the crank with a deadblow hammer, but I'm sure there are other tricks out there.

I have a new crank I bought along with some heads for a future engine rebuild, it's a Steel forged magnafluxed and polished undercut .010 on the rods and mains I'm told it's at the least an 800 hp crank and for a 4 speed. He said it would need somthing else though, is that the pilot bushing you speak of?

We call them Spigot Bushes in Australia....it goes in the end of Your crank to locate the Imput Shaft.....

Auto Transport Service
Back