• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can I please get some help

70 SUPERBIRD

Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Like to ask some questions if I may. I have a 1970 Superbird 440 4 barrel automatic.
According to the nascar program sheet indicates the car was received on 12/8/1969 and shipped 12/9/1969. Trying to figure the build date . The door vin decal indicates 12/69. Were the Superbird’s built and then shipped immediately to creative industries? Also does anybody sell books on date codes on distributors, alternators, etc. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Does the car have a fender tag? If so post a picture and of it and post. The build date should be there.

They were shipped to creative industries in groups and with the data you have, the build date is probably B30=November 30, 1969.

I don't know if it's the same as your bird, but my 68 Coronet has the build date stamped (in four digit code) on the front of the radiator support... at the bottom.

They were shipped to creative industries in groups and with the data you have, the build date is probably B30=November 30, 1969.
image.jpg

Thank everybody for their replies. My fender tag indicates B30 which Jerry Hall stated. The question I have then is why the vin decal in the door state 12/69?

Last edited:
My car was in the same group as yours. I also have B30 on the fender tag and 12/69 on the door sticker. I have forgotten what the NASCAR number was, but it's in the book of VIN numbers.

I think they all have B30 on them. Mine does as well, was the 900th car in and out Nov 26th and 28th. Pretty sure my door sticker has 11/69 on it.

That said, from your VIN # your car was the 1452nd car shipped out of the assembly plant, up the street from Lynch Rd, on Dec 9th.

I think they all have B30 on them. Mine does as well, was the 900th car in and out Nov 26th and 28th. Pretty sure my door sticker has 11/69 on it.

That said, from your VIN # your car was the 1452nd car shipped out of the assembly plant, up the street from Lynch Rd, on Dec 9th.
Thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back