• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can this be fixed?

WesleyK

Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
I’m disassembling my steering column and found this broken. I know it is for the horn (ground) but not sure the correct name. Anyway as you can see it separated from the connector. Is there a way to reattach it? Can I solder it? It appears to be pressed in but the edges are worn off. I have the spring and I know how it goes back just looking for ideas to make it stay. I’d rather be able to fix it than have to buy a new one. Thanks!

ABFC79C5-643F-4464-AB5C-378C81034A4E.jpeg E66CBA38-6E61-45B1-9AD6-224C2B6EDC54.jpeg

What about an Eclip or snap ring that will fit that grove to hold it back in place.

What about an Eclip or snap ring that will fit that grove to hold it back in place.
Maybe so, i didn't think about that. Ill take it to the parts store and dig and see if i can find one that small. I'm not against buying a new one and may end up doing that if i can't find a solid dependable fix.

the bad about new units ( aside quality issues ) is they don't have the roller tip anymore, but just a solid ( spring loaded yet ) stud.

Auto Transport Service
Back