• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't read the dipstick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say foreign....do you mean like Mexican or something? :D
download (3).gif

New dipstick will have better markings.
Thanks, but I can see markings . I thought about drilling little divits in the stick to trap the fluid, but bet it is as hard as spring steel. ................................MO

Is this an old dipstick - original - or an aftermarket one....you didn't mention that in the OP.
It is a dam chrome aftermarket that the engine assembler put in after he broke the original off. And the tube is too short to put the original stick back in...................MO

It is a dam chrome aftermarket that the engine assembler put in after he broke the original off. And the tube is too short to put the original stick back in...................MO
Sounds like you need to advertise here for a new dipstick and tube set - from an Original engine.

Problem solved. :welcome:

Thanks, but I can see markings . I thought about drilling little divits in the stick to trap the fluid, but bet it is as hard as spring steel. MO

Don't think so. Mine have never been. I did take the edge of a file to one to make the marks brighter than the rest of the stick.

A good quality Powder-coating expert will make sure that doesn't happen.

After all, you get what you pay for. :thumbsup:
I have had a bad experience with powder-coaters. Cost me a lot................................MO

I do have rather low vision, but others can't see it either. 904 auto transmission. The fluid is so near clear, I can't see easily where it is on the dipstick. I was thinking about sanding the metal a little and painting the end with a high heat flat black paint. That should give better contrast. But will it come off? Anyone else have an idea that has worked for them? ........................MO
put a colored heat shrink on it that will help. just a thought or you can get a electronic one from a motor home and put a light on the dash to tell you if its low. a trans is a sealed unit and once you put the correct level amount in it its good until you change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back