• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't read the dipstick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how I do it, but the dipstick is shiney enough, it is very hard to see. Also when the level is at the "twist" in the stick, that is hard to see too. Even people with good vision have trouble seeing it.. Thanks........................MO
That's why I like the dipsticks with holes drilled in them...if the hole doesn't have fluid in it, it's too low.

When you say foreign....do you mean like Mexican or something? :D
7ae445849f3c8670f013803e7e7cfc84.gif

:lol::lol::lol: from your MEXICAN OR SOMETHING friend

Last edited:
Maybe he will get lucky and the powder coater will switch out his dip stick, then he won't have to buy another one.
I caught your drift here. You enjoy rubbing salt in a healed wound ? ..........................MO

That's why I like the dipsticks with holes drilled in them...if the hole doesn't have fluid in it, it's too low.
I think the problem here is bigger than not being able to read the dipstick.

If the engine builder was clumsy enough to break the original, then shortened up another stick to suit the shorter tube.....where does that leave the actual required oil level at now???? A new dipstick might actually be worse than before...giving a lower level to fill to.

Start again with a new tube and dipstick set from an original engine.

Problem solved. :welcome::welcome:

Ask a serious question, and you get clowns..:luvplace: Thanks for the good suggestions. ...........................MO

Didn't read the whole thread, but Dye-Lite and a fluorescent flashlight maybe. There have to be tracer dyes that work with atf.

Edit: what I meant to say was UV or blacklight flashlight.

Last edited:
Serious suggestion - wipe the dipstick clean, re-dip it, and then carefully slide a single piece of toilet paper toward the end of the dipstick. When it gets wet you know you're at your level.

I think the problem here is bigger than not being able to read the dipstick.

If the engine builder was clumsy enough to break the original, then shortened up another stick to suit the shorter tube.....where does that leave the actual required oil level at now???? A new dipstick might actually be worse than before...giving a lower level to fill to.

Start again with a new tube and dipstick set from an original engine.

Problem solved. :welcome::welcome:
He replaced the tube and the dipstick that is correct length for it. I was so dam glad to get the engine done and was very happy with the work he did. So I didn't mention it to him. The level marks are right...Just thought someone else had experience with the same problem. My luck, if I try to replace with a stock factory one , I will break the tube off in the block. I think that is what happened with the original one...................... Thanks all.............MO

He replaced the tube and the dipstick that is correct length for it. I was so dam glad to get the engine done and was very happy with the work he did. So I didn't mention it to him. The level marks are right...Just thought someone else had experience with the same problem. My luck, if I try to replace with a stock factory one , I will break the tube off in the block. I think that is what happened with the original one...................... Thanks all.............MO
The tube doesn't go in the block, it goes in the transmission. It is very easily accessible by dropping the transmission pan. Make sure that you unbolt the tube hold down before trying to remove the old one. If it doesn't come out, drop the pan and push it up from the bottom. Leave the pan down while installing the new one to ensure that it is the proper length. Check the tube grommet for tears while you're at it.

Hey, I want to get in on this: Power brake her until the fluid burns. Then you can see it!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike

WOW! did I ever get off track. LOL. I went from talking about my transmission dipstick to talking about the engine dipstick which I have a similar problem with. but engine oil is darker. No, the trans. dipstick is stock . I'm afraid this is a clue to age related brain fart that may be starting. Well, thanks anyway. You have given me some idea's...............................MO

Including your reputation!!
So be it, to stand for what is right, IMO. I don't kiss anyone's *** to be popular. It's been settled good enough for me and I think for the other . So what business is it of yours? ..................................MO

So be it, to stand for what is right, IMO. I don't kiss anyone's *** to be popular. It's been settled good enough for me and I think for the other . So what business is it of yours? ..................................MO
Because I am a member here, and Leanna @CudaChick1968 is not only a great member, but also a great business person. I thought the same of you until I read the entire thread about what happened between you and her. That being said, if you fucked her, which the evidence seems to show, you shouldn't even show your proverbial face around here. That's what ******* business it is of mine!!!

Steve - similar to 66 Sat's suggestion - how about after you remove the stick you lay it on a paper towel and see where the wet mark is in relation to the marks on the stick?

I have one of those chrome ones in the engine. I dulled it up with a scotch pad. It helped but next time I get the blast cabinet set up I want to hit it better. The factory trans stick has a roughness to it which helps.

Because I am a member here, and Leanna @CudaChick1968 is not only a great member, but also a great business person. I thought the same of you until I read the entire thread about what happened between you and her. That being said, if you fucked her, which the evidence seems to show, you shouldn't even show your proverbial face around here. That's what ******* business it is of mine!!!
I thought it was settled. I don't know what happened , and I don't think she knows an explanation. Probably will never know. I never accused her of anything, just simply tried to figure out what happened. I never bad mouthed her to ANYONE. I thought in later communication , we were OK with each other. Why did you have to stir it up again. . Why did you even bring up her name? i am not going to play your game of dragging people through the mud. You do NOT know everything and the order of events. It wasn't all on this forum. She sold my headlight trim to pay her labor-materials and I just lost them . But I am OK with that. I'm not bitching and I have no reason to feel shame. You want to be an ***? go right ahead...................MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back