• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car cover

Pahighlander

Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
Im looking for a good quality car cover for my 65 to keep the dust off of it while stored in my garage. Any suggestions?

Im looking for a good quality car cover for my 65 to keep the dust off of it while stored in my garage. Any suggestions?

Definitely: California Car Cover
Model: NOAH
1. Guranteed and warranty.
2. The Noah, it is soft and thick AND water repellent. Then go to Harbor freight and purchase a tarp if you need to store outside.
I bougfht a NOAH cover for my 70 Superbee. I live in a very very windy area. High winds: 40 to 50 (Mojave Desert)
My cover started to wear thin at rear quaters/Pillar line. Vinyl roof to body. I called Calif Car Cover, they told me to send in a "tab" on the cover, I did and they replaced it for free. It was a few years old! I asked them if they wanted me to send the old cover in (it was still good) They said: No, keep it.
Summary: California Car Cover company is #1 in my book.
A true statement
"Super-bee_ski"

I'm using a Covercraft Dustop car cover that I've had for about a year and I'm happy with it. The material is some kind of Kimberly-Clark synthetic and it's very soft and non-abrasive. It's strictly an indoor cover so if you think that you might ever need to use it outside, go with a different type cover. They are custom made for your car and mine fits perfectly. I think it was about $250. Hope this helps.

California car cover. The DuStop should meet your needs.

$49 "eBay special" cover here, works great for winter storage.

In addition to using a car cover on my '65, I have an inexpensive "box fan" continuously circulating the air under the car.

I've been using a California Cover. Nice, heavy duty cover. Excellent Fit. Happy so far (several years)

california have two of them both fantastic felt backed great quality and one is 17 years old still looks like new

- - - Updated - - -

P9200090rrrr.JPGmy older one

Attachments

• super cover birdytail.jpg
    super cover birdytail.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 206
  • cali car coversbirdible.jpg
    cali car coversbirdible.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 181
I don't use one...their is a "need to breathe"...also, why make a little tent for mice and
other little creatures to dwell in? Dust it and move it when you can...
I only use one when other cars are being "worked" on in the same garage.
JMVHO,
Sonny

I hear you about the tent for mice. I have had a lot of success (or luck) by having open tupperware bowls containing mothballs located in the interior, trunk, and under the hood. I will tell you though, my wife doesn't like the smell in the car after I remove the containers before taking the car out. I find, that if anything, it smells clean.
I also keep decon in the corners of my garages. No problems at all in either of my old Mopars or my dually. Have a found mouse nest in the air cleaner box of my wife's car though.

I hear you about the tent for mice. I have had a lot of success (or luck) by having open tupperware bowls containing mothballs located in the interior, trunk, and under the hood. I will tell you though, my wife doesn't like the smell in the car after I remove the containers before taking the car out. I find, that if anything, it smells clean.
I also keep decon in the corners of my garages. No problems at all in either of my old Mopars or my dually. Have a found mouse nest in the air cleaner box of my wife's car though.
dryer sheets , use dryer sheets mice hate the smell and stay out , works great and the car smells nice and fresh

Irish Spring Soap bars shaved in a dish.....
is great also smells better than" balls "
my secret is talc (J&J Baby Powder)..on floor, on carpet (vac in spring anyway)
under car..the little critters HATE the power on them!!

.....an other Sonny theory that work for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back