• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car made some progress over the weekend, not the driver

dvw

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
We ran Ubly Dragway this weekend. Old school track 1/8 mile. Track prep was very good. Air was finally decent as well. The car hooked so hard on the first pass it shook the tires, bad. We addressed that by tightening the rear shock rebound 6 clicks. Went from 14psi to 12psi in the slicks. The result was in the attached picture. Throughout our event we were able to make test runs anytime. So we continued with front shock adjustments. Also put smaller pump cams and squirters in the carbs. The results were excellent. Car caried the front further every time. My theory was it held the pump shot for a longer period of time. With less initial fuel at the hit. I struggled at the tree. This tree is slower than average for sure. The last pass I bumped in deeper. I'm sure it would've been another 5.64 run. This was the first weekend for a pair of merge collectors that were laying around as well. The car carried the front in the picture should to just before the 60 ft clocks. Then settled down smooth. Going to try and test at Milan before Dragway 42 in two weeks.
Doug

ubly 64.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-11 085427.png

I would buy a copy of this photo, frame it, and hang it in the shop! What do you say Doug?
Mike

Great news Doug! :thumbsup:

Im keepin that pic and adding it to my Mopar archives :)

Edited the pic a bit...

Capture.JPG

dvw, looks as though you got handling your Plymouth down to a science. You should start an instruction class for some guys who own hellcats – who can’t avoid smashing them up, lol

That is a lot of air. I presume that's on a brake. Any NO2 at that point?

If the tree is not dead on the specs, that’s gonna throw you off for sure. Super glad to see the new bullet is performing! Great photo by the way!

I remained a foot brake guy for all my years, even after I built a Griner brake 727. I still was able to compete with brakes & boxes. That must be a really great convertor.

I have 2 converters. One ATI and the Ultimate that is in it. Both 9 1/2". They run nearly identical.
Doug

Ubly is where I always test/sort a new car.

Great news Doug! :thumbsup:

Im keepin that pic and adding it to my Mopar archives :)

Edited the pic a bit...

View attachment 1311425
I actually like the unedited picture better. The two, blah, more modern cars really put in perspective how special this old car is. Bet neither of them carry the front tires like this Plymouth.

Auto Transport Service
Back