• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car show and i,m not going

daredevil

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
My coronets basically finished except for door panels package tray and head liner. Havent had any extra money to spend on the car in a year or two. Wifes out of work and cant find anything worthwhile. I wanted to go since its in my hometown but dont want people saying you still dont have the interior done. I showed it last year unfinished.Sucks having a kid in college and stack of bills.Maybe next year.

Attachments

• car show 040.jpg
    car show 040.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 270
Dude who cares...take it anyways. You built it for you not them

Yeah,but I didnt build it to show anyway. I built it cause theres too many Mustangs that need spanking.

I hear ya, I have a kid in college and another one starting in the fall. My car is not finished either and there is a local car show in May and I'm going....who cares what others think, I don't. Take your car, you worked hard on it and should be proud of it.

I hear ya, I have a kid in college and another one starting in the fall. My car is not finished either and there is a local car show in May and I'm going....who cares what others think, I don't. Take your car, you worked hard on it and should be proud of it.

I've got one in college now, and two more starting year after next .. scholarships hopefully to follow

Yeah,but I didnt build it to show anyway. I built it cause theres too many Mustangs that need spanking.

I like that attitude...LOL.. I'm not really a big show guy, I like to go every once in a great while with my own stuff.. But I was always function over form, I don't generally care what others think, about what I do with my cars... I say "Bring it", if you want to & have fun, if that's what you want to do... that's what it's all about, then just say "screw you", to all the negative idiots, they probably drive some lame a$$ "rice rocket" anyway...

do the windows real deep tint they won't no

I like that attitude...LOL.. I'm not really a big show guy, I like to go every once in a great while with my own stuff.. But I was always function over form, I don't generally care what others think, about what I do with my cars... I say "Bring it", if you want to & have fun, if that's what you want to do... that's what it's all about, then just say "screw you", to all the negative idiots, they probably drive some lame a$$ "rice rocket" anyway...

I'm with Bud,I built what I wanted since I was a yougster.It ain't no trailer queen,Street driven and beaten on a regular basis.These things are never "done":blob1:

Attachments

• Mopars @ etown 2012 080.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 225
I'm with Bud,I built what I wanted since I was a yougster.It ain't no trailer queen,Street driven and beaten on a regular basis.These things are never "done":blob1:

I love how you put that, "beaten on a regular basis" Love the style, and i know you mean at the track, but made me laugh how you put it! lol..

I had enough of car functions when I left our local MoPar club. .....and I served as treasurer for a while. It just got old. In some cases, we rode over 100 miles round trip. I didn't mind the gas......I was already driving my Valiant every single day with half and half premium and 114 Cam2 racing fuel. It was that there were the same cars and same people over and over again...I mean MoPar and non MoPar. I always tried my best to get others involved but one person caint do it all. I've never been about show anyway and that's really all it was. A big braggin contest. Chryco is right. You built it for you. F@ck them people.

Heck yeah bring it!!!! I love the color by the way. If someone gave me ****, I'd not install it completely even if I had the money, just to spite them!

Great looking coronet.

Mike

I love how you put that, "beaten on a regular basis" Love the style, and i know you mean at the track, but made me laugh how you put it! lol..

Ron,it gets a regular cardio workout,beat in the street like 3 or 4 times a week.Also drove it in the Easter day parade in Garden City last week!

Devil,,,,just bring it!!!!!

Attachments

• 8.19.12 029.jpg
    8.19.12 029.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 8.26.12 005.jpg
    8.26.12 005.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 216
My coronets basically finished except for door panels package tray and head liner. Havent had any extra money to spend on the car in a year or two. Wifes out of work and cant find anything worthwhile. I wanted to go since its in my hometown but dont want people saying you still dont have the interior done. I showed it last year unfinished.Sucks having a kid in college and stack of bills.Maybe next year.

I do like the color & the stripe... hey I just finished paying off 7 college tuition bills, just 8 or so years ago now, my personal bill was barely paid off, then only a couple of years latter, I started having to pay for the 1st of my 4 kids & both my niece & nephew's also... thank God I don't pay on any of that chit anymore... I'd be buried in debt & screwed in the current economy/income situation... have fun blowing away them Mustangs...LOL...

That's a beautiful car that screams badass, I'd take itanywhere and be proud of it. Who gives a rats a$$ what some other people think:)

Heck yeah bring it!!!! I love the color by the way. If someone gave me ****, I'd not install it completely even if I had the money, just to spite them!

Great looking coronet.

Mike
Thanks for the compliment. Its a House of Kolor tangelo pearl.

I agree with everyone here. If you enjoy going to the show, and want to go... then go! Don't give a crap about what some other people may think! There will probably be quite a few visitors who will enjoy seeing your car.

Yea, take your car to the show. Don't let any a**holes with stupid comments hold you back. I personally love seeing unfinished/unrestored cars at the local shows.

to me, I enter shows all the time...not to compete, but to remind people of what mopar is. and I have what most consider one of the homeliest mopars made, it's a 76 Coronet 4 door Brougham, I built it the way I WANTED, it's an expression of who I am.
REGARDLESS weither or not it's finished , I would take it....Beides they are NEVER reall finished ..are they

I would take it and if anyone says anthing about it, you could tell them since you have less weight, you would
spot them a fender. then blow their doors off.

You're proud of the car, so take it.

Matt

I really like it when guys bring the... in progress / restore as I drive it cars...gives people a look at what really goes into fixing one of these cars, not to mention ideas I can use on my own *g*.
AL

Auto Transport Service
Back