• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Show Quotes

I bet I've heard people say that I had one of those 440 Hemi motors in my car atleast 6 times in my life at shows lol.

2 hours ago. ...
Him...what engine do you have?
Me...318
Him.....aw....you should have got the hemi.
Me.....ya.....

Jeff

My old buddy JJ was at a show with his new GTX the Orange one.. Anyhow some older lady comes up to him and says.. My Boyfriend has one just like it but Yellow. And adds You may have seen it around town.. Well the other Yellow GTX is his too.. When I first met JJ he was cruising through Home Depot parking lot. Stopped him and asked him if I could check out his car.. I was putting the roadrunner together at the time and needed some info as to where this and that went.. Anyhow hes a nice guy and let me make a few mental notes. So a few months pass.. Thinking I would never see him again. I find an ad on craigslist for a Carter AVS so I call the guy and arrange a meetup so I could grab the carb, Well Ill be dipped... It was JJ so from that point on I guess he knew I wasnt one of those I had one of those.... kinda guys.

Last edited:
I have seen and heard SO many WRONG things at car shows, drag races, swap meets, etc. Sometimes they are annoying, sometimes they are SO stupid I actually laugh and call them on their words.
"I had one with a 440 six pack". ( '68 Road Runner? Not likely)
"My buddy's car has a 4 speed 4.11 posi". ( You DO know that a rear axle has only ONE gear, right? Also, the 4.11 was never offered in a Mopar, nor was POSI)
Just for fun, I often play a REAL dumb *** just to screw with people. I ask stupid questions just to see the reactions on their faces.
Once at an all makes show, I saw a nice '71 Charger and asked "What year is this Mustang?"

1st question I always get is “440 in it?”. Well, yeah, but that isn’t the way it came.

Then there is the what kinda cam you runnin? a 3/4 cam? Or if you have a 383 and they say why you got a chevy stroker in that roadrunner ?..

I want to build a stroker 383 with a 4.25 arm, so when somebody asks "how big is the motor?" I can say "it's a hundred over 396" (496 cu in) and mess with their head.
Of course, if you have a 440, you could tell the know-nothings it's a "hundred over 340!"

Nothing like the 426HEMI badge on the Shaker..... "Is that really a HEMI?" - sometimes I say no, I just like screwing with people
"Nice Charger" (again my E )

I've been asked if I have a Hemi plenty of times. Sometimes I say YES just to let them think they saw a real one.

I hate the know-it-all's who stand there picking your ride to bits...when they have nothing themselves except many years of experience masturbating over car magazines.
We all know the type I'm sure.

Had a guy telling his friends that the engine in my GTX was wrong...the air cleaner was wrong...the radiator was wrong....real ******** ...then I asked him how he knew all this. He of course said he had vast experience with these cars...until I suggested the owner might not be too pleased about him telling lies. Then I told him I was the owner....he disappeared real fast. :jackoff:

Ahhh, thre jerkoff "Purists"!
I knew a guy that was an actual owner of a '68 Coronet R/T. He was one of those guys that picked apart peoples cars at shows. Sometimes people build cars wrong, sometimes they build them just the way that THEY like regardless of what the factory did.
PM me for a picture of the guy so you can kick his *** if you ever see him at a show.

"What's a Ply-mouth?" (pronounced PLIE-mouth) :BangHead:

I have been asked that as well. Makes sense I guess if you are in your twenties and not a car person, how would you know.

Last edited:
I had a 70 440 6pack Cuda in the mid to late 90s. Father says to his son, " See son, thats not original. Hemis didnt come with six packs." I rarely do cruise ins or shows anymore. I just drive them now.

I was at a Mopar show with other Mopar guys, one of them looked at my 66 Satellite and said, nice car too bad it's not a 67 GTX. I guess it never occurred to him that I might have bought the 66 because I liked it more than a 67 or any other car. As the saying goes, opinions are like ********, everyone has one.

Some guy: "whats it got under the hood?"

Me: "440"

Him: "do you have the red block or blue block?"

I always get the guys come up and tell me, (i had one just like that, but mine had the 440 Hemi,and was a different color ) always a totally different car with some combination that never existed.

I get that one a lot when I have my 70 Charger R/T convertible at shows. they say things like "My uncle had one of those when they were new" I say that would have saved me a whole lot of welding and fabrication work if you could buy these
8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG
when they were new.

Yeah, and the 440 hemi was a sixpack.

To complicate things further,Stage V built 440 Hemi engines before Mopar Performance reissued gen 2 Hemi blocks,and My friend has two Hemi powered cars with six pack setups on them.

I used to work with a guy who swore his '72 Challenger was a factory original Hemi car, (now he had worked at the same plant for 30 years and no one had ever "seen" this Challenger). He said he was in the process of buying all brand new sheet metal to restore the car... fenders, doors, hood, deck lid... everything.
Me: "Is the car that badly rusted?"
Him: "No, there's not a spot of rust on it."
Me: " Then why replace all of the sheet metal?"
Him: "Because I do things the RIGHT way."

A guy approached me at a show to tell me that he liked my Coronet R/T. He told me that his brother-in-law used to have one but it was "special edition". I asked "What edition was that?" He replied, "It didn't have any Coronet emblems anywhere on the car.... All it said was "RT".

My friend Ron had a 68 Hemi GTX that he sold. That car went on either Barret Hackson or the other big auction place and was sold as a numbers matching car. Well Ron told me that car had a truck block cause he put it in there. So one of those auction houses sold a lie.. This is the car shown here. He said the battery cable is from autozone and put it on right before he sold it. Sorry i said it was a 69 but it was a 68.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1968-PLYMOUTH-HEMI-GTX-180566

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back