• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Show Quotes

people always ask if my Coronet is a charger and also ....My friend and I had a lady that swore she had a javelin convertible when she was younger when told they didn't make them she said its impossible she had one

Most of these cars are about a dick measuring contest like life in general, I'm the baddest, I'm the biggest. None of that means anything because we're just borrowing all this stuff. At the end of the journey you can't take it with you and when they throw dirt on you regardless of how much you have or don't, they cover everyone with the same dirt. Sooooo, as my dad told me when I was young, save like you're going to live forever, but , live like you're going to die tomorrow. I learned this the hard way, but, I'm making up for it now......

Most of these cars are about a dick measuring contest like life in general, I'm the baddest, I'm the biggest. None of that means anything because we're just borrowing all this stuff. At the end of the journey you can't take it with you and when they throw dirt on you regardless of how much you have or don't, they cover everyone with the same dirt. Sooooo, as my dad told me when I was young, save like you're going to live forever, but , live like you're going to die tomorrow. I learned this the hard way, but, I'm making up for it now......
That's a great philosophy - We're not measured by what we have - but who we are.

That's a great philosophy - We're not measured by what we have - but who we are.
Yes, my point exactly. I have friends with more money than common sense and friends with nothing. The true test is how they treat others, money can't buy a good heart.

people always ask if my Coronet is a charger and also ....My friend and I had a lady that swore she had a javelin convertible when she was younger when told they didn't make them she said its impossible she had one
Maybe she had the 'Hi Riders' movie car. :)
upload_2019-6-3_22-36-13.png

If I had a dollar for every time some one called my challenger a Camaro the rebuild would have gone much quicker...and on that note the first cruse I went to in 20 years as I pulled in I over heard some one say look at that cuda....

I cant imagine what they will think the Express is...lol.

The same thing they said when I did this! Why, because I can!! This is a 1985 Monte Carlo SS with a 1960 Chevy dash.
008 (2).JPG

I have people telling me that they had a Charger convertible too,and they never built one,but I did! Why because I could, that's why!
20180430_224102.jpg

I have people telling me that they had a Charger convertible too,and they never built one,but I did! Why because I could, that's why! View attachment 777333
A guy at work told me they had a 69 Charger R/T convertible at a local car lot. I told him that was not possible, or at least not original.
So I looked at it and it was a Coronet R/T convertible. I told the salesman, their sign was not correct, it was a Coronet. He showed me the Title and it did say "Charger". Impossible I says, that is a Coronet.
On the way to work the next day, the car was not on the lot.

How many times have any of you guys been told.. "You should paint it orange and put 01 on the doors" ? grrrrrr............

I stopped trusting the major car show judging back in the mid 90s. I was looking at a 65 Plymouth A990 car that had just won “BEST OF SHOW” . It was owned by some famous base player from the “Silver bullit band”.i asked him why does your car have back up lights? He told me someone ordered it that way. When I said they didn’t come that way and you couldn’t order options he started to get mad at me and started yelling. Found out latter he purchased the vin tag and built the car. Now when I go to a show or cruise, I just drive past and keep going.

Car show.. hell I went to the Beer store today and it took me 2 hours just to get back out of the lot! Absolutely amazed.. not one dick head or dumb question amongst a dozen+ seriously fascinated spectators.
I've seen your car. There is a reason you couldn't get outta there.

My car was at the local World of Wheels and one guy decided to argue, quite adamantly, that my car was not a 65. He said it was a 63 or 64 but not a 65. I had to walk away.

IMG_0767.JPG

Them: "Beautiful car".
Me: "Thanks, it was fun to build".

This was meant to be a fun thread.
Leave it to you dick heads to drag it into the dark side.
Cranky old farts.
emperor-palpatine-1555323736.jpg

I like it when they come up to you and let you in on some secret that you didn’t know about a car you’ve owned all your life...
Hey, you know that’s not a real hemi car?
Me glancing under the hood... looks like a real hemi to me!

Auto Transport Service
Back