• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Show Quotes

I don't mind a misinformed comment from the average person.I'll engage in polite conversation with some real info about our cars, to enlighten those what great cars we have. Actually, it's the self-appointed know -it-all Mopar Einstein's I've come across at mopar events that annoy me.

My fav is asking the "know it all" what car is their car? It's always I used too, my cousin had, my brother restored................ :icon_fU:

Conclusive proof of the failure of our educational system! They cant tell a gtX, from a gtO. How will they ever learn to play tic-tac-toe?!
Or coach football?
Correct.....When they ask me that, I walk them over to the quarter and point at the 4" tall GTX emblem.....Most then say "Oh yeah GTX, what's does that stand for?"......

"Why did you take off the wing?"

-about my 70 Super Bee.

Just last week-

"my brother had a 73 Plymouth, but it was a Roadrunner. It was a little bit bigger than yours"

3/4 cam ?, put a turbo on it, take off those steel rims it looks like a beater, put some mags on.. is it fast, or I had a hemi > (same guy who asked does it have a 3/4 cam in it)

Don't know how I forgot this it just happened Fri. .. We have a garage sale in our development once a year. It's like an unwritten agreement everybody can get involved for these two days and then nobody does it again. We didn't have anything, but I'm in the garage and this guy walks in and says nice roadrunner you have, his English is about on par with my Spanish. He says my brother had a roadrunner but his had the scoop. Do you have the horn. I said no, I don't. Oh, you have to have the horn.

I told him this is not a roadrunner it's a Dart. He says oh, I saw the bee in the grill so I thought it was a RR. I have a super bee bee in my grill.

Car show.. hell I went to the Beer store today and it took me 2 hours just to get back out of the lot! Absolutely amazed.. not one dick head or dumb question amongst a dozen+ seriously fascinated spectators.

Heard two fellows talking at a show several years back. (Degenerate Chevy loving scum). While looking at a 69 hemi charger.. Guy looks at his friend. Says i remember 350 small blocks tearing them things up at the drag strips, all those hemis were good for was making alot of noise.

Some guy: "That sounds awesome man, what number cam are you running?"

Me: "I'm running a number "6" cam."

The guy, (with a big grin on his face): "No ****.... that's badass."

It doesn't matter where I go, it's a two hour trip. It's fun when people love to look and ask about your car. Kids are the most fun. I let them get in if it ok with their parents and play around, I bought it to use it, not park it and save it it for who knows who. My hope is to wear it out. That's what makes owning it fun. A lot of guy don't like the fact that it has a 2006 hemi and a truck 5 speed automatic. The last show there must have 6 mopar guys that couldn't say enough good things about it having that new hemi in it. Made me feel good, not that it matters.

While I was out testing the new EFI the Roadrunner broke down. Turns out the coil was overheating. Anyhow while sitting at this gas station in bumfucked Egypt a beer bellied old dude comes up and says thats a nice car but RoadRunners never had a vinyl top.. Then he said I have tons of mopar parts.. So I got his number and called him the next day to come look at his collection. He by some magical powers sold it all... WTF in one day you sold a 40 year collection.. I call bullshit. lol.

No vinyl top roadrunners.. My ***.

' purple cam? I fully expect to receive mixed opinions on the Express when it goes to it's first show. Everything from " Wow!, what a way to totally screw up a perfectly good classic Dodge." to " Wow! That is friggin badass!" And everything in between.

Last fall my pal had his blue Superbird at a local show and a bonehead insisted it was a Daytona with the wrong front clip. My pal says, " Hey, hold up there friend. Before telling all about my car and what you think is wrong with it, how about you show me your car, where is it?" "Well I didn't bring it today, it's in my garage." " I see, I have a garage too and there are no less than 9 other classic muscle cars in there and they all are completely restored. Want to go see 'em?" He went away mumbling about smart asses...

' purple cam? I fully expect to receive mixed opinions on the Express when it goes to it's first show. Everything from " Wow!, what a way to totally screw up a perfectly good classic Dodge." to " Wow! That is friggin badass!" And everything in between.
It will be perfect, why, you built it to fit you. Now that's perfect!! Hey-O, let the horses run.

I hate car shows...Boring as hell, gimmie a road tour with various stops along the way with like-minded people and keep the dumbass sheep out of it...

I like shows but you have to take the good with the bad.
I REALLY like the Chrysler Performance West Spring and Fall Fling shows. They have after hours activities, cruises, a great Swap Meet and I get to see many of the same guys each time.
A few things that I have noticed:
Car shows seem to bring out many different types of guys. Some, I suspect, do not have much else going on in their lives so THIS is their chance to be social. They often interrupt, talk over you, never ask about you, only blab on and on about their cars, their plans, their lives.
Screw that. Life is TOO short to spend around inconsiderate people, toxic ******** or clueless pricks.
MOST guys are considerate.
This same selfishness is found everywhere though. When I was single I got tired of standing next to some skeezer while she blabbed on and on about her cat, her job, her mother, etc. Back then, I felt compelled to stand and listen because I wanted to bang the broad. I have no interest in having sex with any car show guy or any guy period. I am to the point where IF anyone starts to annoy me by selfish talk, if the conversation is 70/30 in his/her favor, I just find a way to get out of there.

Auto Transport Service
Back