• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb. for a 383 9.8 to 1 compression.

- Rumblefish. Your post #37 nonsense.
Try reading first before trying to 'get even' all the time for all your errors that I keep pointing out.
And there’s your first and second problem right there since I not only carefully read everything but you ASSUMED I want to get even with you.

I have no idea what your talking about there but you go on and have fun with that idea.
- I did not say a smaller TQ was better on a 383 than a big TQ. [ But it would be ]. What I said was the smaller AFB/AVS would be better on THIS 383.
And hear you go putting your foot in your mouth yet again.
- throttle response is improved with a larger carb. Is that right? And it is not 100% fact, but 110% fact. And apart from your opinion, who else has a test or report of this 'fact'. Silly Chrysler, should have made the TQ pri bores 2" for unbeatable t/response.
Now you’re being stupid and childish. Not to mention suggesting stupid ideas. (Again)
- 'This is true but also wrong'. What am I missing?
A lot…. A real lot.
- And you missed ANOTHER point. I carefully pointed out that while a 625 Carter is not called a spread bore, it acts like one. That is because the spread bore concept of the smaller primaries for economy/response, & the larger secondaries for power is what spread carbs were designed for. The 625 Carters have small pris, bigger secs.
Re read what I wrote.
- not quite sure about the nonsense with the 66 Imperial. 'Small' 600 AFB, but vel valves removed from secondaries which would reduce the restriction & provide more flow.
This is where you stick your other foot in your ***. The AFB I wrote about has no secondary velocity flap valve. It came from the factory this way.
- Carter sold the 750 AFBs at a higher price? Maybe in your 'mind'. But not in reality.
I have a 1988 PAW catolog. 500, 625, 750 Carter AFBs. All $149 with choke. Even if the 750 was sold by some for a higher price, I doubt a hot rodder would buy a smaller carb if he deemed the bigger carb was what he needed.
Now you’re an idiot and here’s why, Carter sold the bigger carb to Chrysler which cost more and the price would have reflected to the customer. It’s not what price Carter sold to the public.
(Red Forman from that ‘70’s show - Dumbass)
Besides PAW has been out of biz for…. 20+ years. Throw the catalog away!
And now for the Coup de Grace.

I have to thank Just Mopar Joe for this.

In the last few days, he dyno tested his 400 engine, RPM intake, headers, Edel heads, roller cam, 750 carb. It made just over 500 hp. A bigger 1050 carb was then fitted & it made the same power....because the engine didn't need the extra air.
Yep! 750 cfm to the rescue! A better sized carb for sure and thanks to you showing it. It’ll do the same on a stock engine.
The OPs engine is not going to make anywhere near 500 hp; which means it needs less air & a smaller carb [ of the right size ] will provide better response & mileage & just as good top end as a bigger carb would.
Prove it. You’d be the first. People in this part of the world have been saying to put on 750’s to 340’s and 383’s and have gone faster, enjoyed better drivability. It’s been heard from word of mouth, factory tests stating so, magazine articles making the claim. Even Chrysler has wrote this.

For a guy saying he has built and designed his own engine and throwing mud at everyone saying “I did t think so” as to how does what here, you think you would be smart enough to STFU since it is clear you have no idea what your saying.

But you say no to it all.

Perhaps it’s a condition to living down under? Does the air rotate opposite of north of the equator?

I’ll tell you right here and now. After reading your post, (I like getting even with you? Laughable!) you’re a freakin mental case that needs meds to shooooo away the ghosts and voices in your head.

To every other down under member, my condolences to you for having to live with mental case running around without medication or parental supervision to stop him from spilling his vomit all over the net.

Stop showing yourself as a jack *** and a hypocrite and shut up.

So, you designed and built your own engine?

Let’s hear about that load of crap.

RF.
We all know who the jack *** is......& it is not me.
Post #41 shows that when somebody stands up to your nonsense, points out all the errors, you get nasty & personal.
So anybody who calls out your BS is stupid & childish?
What you have is a real comprehension problem. The cause is a low knowledge base mixed with a liberal does of BS.

Your comment:

I HAVE NO IDEA

Yep, you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RF.
We all know who the jack *** is......& it is not me.
Yes it is
Post #41 shows that when somebody stands up to your nonsense, points out all the errors, you get nasty & personal.
Just calling the shot the way it is. Since you started at me with a pointing finger after I pointed out you were wrong, which everyone can see it, you started acting like a hurt hurt teenage girl. So, that makes you a loud mouth bitch with all the crying you’re doing here.

You throw mud at everyone and then boast about your engine designing and building skills while at the same time scoff at everyone here since In your opinion, no one else has designed and built there own engine in a half assed effort to bolster your prowess which is seen as a joke on both the mental aspect your trying to tout on yourself and the ridiculous idea that no one else has done so.

And again, let’s hear about this engine you designed from scratch and built.

What foundry did you use?
How many cylinders is it? Or does it use any?
We are all going to read your story on how you did this!

Go for it! That stage is yours.

If someone approaches me as an adult, you don’t, then I can listen and appreciate them, unlike you as of late. Which oddly enough comes right after a disagreement with you where you lost your cool and acted an *** jumping all over me.

I blew it off. And the. You did it again and again and again.
So now I respond in kind since that’s how you truly are.

You don’t like it? Piss off or try acting like an adult and not a but hurt teenage girl.
So anybody who calls out your BS is stupid & childish?
No, just you and another. But we bury the hatchet the next day or two and we go back to being OK.
What you have is a real comprehension problem.
LMAO! Try reading what you’re responding to and what you’re saying!
I swear that made me smirk. That’s some funny *** **** right there I tell ya! I did t know you did side comedy routines.
The cause is a low knowledge base mixed with a liberal does of BS.
Prevalent in your country from what I hear. (But you can’t believe the media!) You seem to be a shining example. Go woke get broke!
Your comment:

I HAVE NO IDEA

Yep, you got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s true! On some topics I have not only no idea but no ******* idea, at all. So I don’t comment on them. But you are like shooting fish in a barrel. An EZ target that a drunken blind man can’t miss bulls eyeing right in the lower sphincter muscle.

So after you calm down, take your meds, eat a happy meal, take a dump in the toilet, have a minute to find your paper work on that engine you designed and built, post it up!

I’m interested as heck to see what your glorious swollen head came up with that no one here can do, get done or anything else that may apply. After all, such a super smart man like yourself would have no problem breaking it down easy enough for us to understand right?

Come on now, be THAT very special “HERO” to us regular car guys and enlighten us!

Come everyone! Chant with me!

Geoff the HERO.
Geoff the HERO
Geoff the HERO
Geoff the HERO
Geoff the HERO.
Geoff the HERO
Geoff the HERO
Geoff the HERO

First question before YOU the almighty HERO show us on designing and building there own engine!!!!

You say that the 600 AFB is the right carb and the 750 is the wrong carb & you’re 100% right and we are all wrong because of what? In short, stupid?

Then why is it we can find that info to use a larger carb from various sources through tout the decades from early Chrysler writings to a recent engine masters show and scores of magazines and testimonials but hundreds of people saying and showing and proving otherwise?

Answer that one first and then please get on with the first order of true biz…..

You showing everyone how you designed and built your own engine.

Thanks in advance!

RF,
You seem unable to distinguish that changing engine parameters [ stock v ported or after market heads; cam shaft, intake manifold type, expected max rpm, etc ] changes the carburetion/airflow requirements.

You are the same RF that either on this forum or A bodies could not understand that when changing jets/rods on a metering rod carb, you used the areas, not the diameters, to calculate the change in flow through the jet.

And now you are giving carburetion advice???

No, I understand very well.
I’m not getting into a how to tune debate. It’s an attempt at misdirection and a twist of words on your behalf.
Which leads me to say “Thank you for proving me right again.”

Once again you fail to correct read and understand what was written.

I’m waiting for you to give us a lesson in what only you can do that none of us can;

Design and build and engine.

Get to it HERO!

Last edited:
He designed an engine? Hahahahahahahabahahahahahahahaha

he can’t even figure out the 500 cfm thing, and those are just words.

oh well, we tried, hopefully he quits polluting the board and learns like most of us did. From decades of learning from the masters and actually going out and putting the work in to knowing how these cars work.

He likes to argue and carry a grudge, one I was never aware off to boot, split hairs, misdirect, twist words, outright lie, shame others while trying to bolster himself as a super brain smart guy.

After all, he did say he’s forgotten more than we have ever learned now didn’t he?

Consistently he misreads, misinterprets and misrepresents himself and goes on long winded tirade that serve zero purpose and help no one.

I’m still waiting int for the “HERO” of Australia to show us his home brewed engine design and how it was made.

(He’s so full of crap his eyes are brown!)

Did you not like how he side stepped the question I asked of him before he gets started on the “How to design and build your own engine.” Instructions?

Let me refresh - How is it everyone here installs an750 over a 600 and finds better power, drivability & mileage for decades in which can be seen as recently as an engine masters TV show and as far back as the 60’s? Maybe earlier? And out in print by Chrysler!

So from the early 60’s to I think late last year it’s been proven over and over again but yet this *** clown says “No way.” And we are all wrong!

LMAO

Come on HERO!

Dazzzzzle us with your engine design & build.

Last edited:
oh well, we tried, hopefully he quits polluting the board and learns like most of us did. From decades of learning from the masters and actually going out and putting the work in to knowing how these cars work.
That’s the killer part! But it seems that I state a fact that’s been reported, dyno tested and proven there as well as the track and as well by thousands of people over the decades as truthful and factual is not just not good enough for him but a total ignoring of the fact while he still spouts garbage.

It’s so funny how he Carrie’s a cross of I’ll feelings against me while I had no idea of it all!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Living rent free in his head all day, everyday, for a time span that I’m in aware off.

To all those from post #35 & up:
- I worked on my first engine in 1964. Haven't stopped since......
- I have forgotten more than most of you will ever know....
- I have tuned more carbs than you have had hot dinners...
- How many of you have designed an engine? I thought so, zero. I have.
- There is nothing wrong with my reading skills, but some of you sure have comprehension skills...& lack knowledge of basic physics & engine functions.

Rumble fish.
Tirade? Read post #51 if you want to read a tirade.
Insult city? Read all of your latest posts.

Of course you don't want to get into a tune debate; you would lose because you know a lot less than you think you know.
Yes, I have misread things on occasion.....& corrected them when pointed out. We all make mistakes.

And what exactly is the FACT in post #53 that has been dyno proven, thousands of people? Where are some examples?

I have no ill will against you at all. There have been maaaaaaaaaaaaany posts I have seen by you that are wrong & I chose not to respond. I brought up the jet sizing issue as just one example of what you do NOT know.

Stop it hero, present your engine you designed & built.
You say you harbor no lll will but you presented and stated otherwise. No Tirade here!

Come on HERO!

Put up or shut up is the saying. Let’s see what our Aussie HERO has!

You say you harbor no lll will but you presented and stated otherwise. No Tirade here!

Come on HERO!

What does being Australian have to do with anything? If he was from North Dakota would you say Let’s see what our American HERO has to say?
Is this thread really helping anyone?
As far as carbs go. Back in the day the only backfires that I saw involved Holleys. An acquaintance burnt part of his jacket putting a Holley fire out. Never saw a Carter catch fire.

Come on HERO!

I aint a snowflake, but deriding somebody based on where he lives is pretty ****. I feel sorry for the OP coming and asking for some advice and it devolves into a chest beating ego debate. Embarrassing and pathetic.

What does being Australian have to do with anything? If he was from North Dakota would you say Let’s see what our American HERO has to say?
Is this thread really helping anyone?
As far as carbs go. Back in the day the only backfires that I saw involved Holleys. An acquaintance burnt part of his jacket putting a Holley fire out. Never saw a Carter catch fire.
Backfires through the intake have zero to do with the carb type, and everything to do do with the tune/tuner. I've seen Carters catch those stupid foam air cleaner elements on fire more than once. Not the carbs fault!!

And sorry to the "offended" here but if the new "resident guru" was from the USA, he'd be getting his pants handed to him just the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back