• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb for a 68 383 mostly original.

__Larsson____

Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
What would you say is a good Holley Carb for a -68 383. Ive got a 770 Holley now but somethings not quit right. I have tried to adjust it but still get to much fuel.

original manifold?
what carb original? Holly? what type of choke actuation?
If Carter OEM
AVS2
or Later manifold and TQ or TQ repro

original manifold?
what carb original? Holly? what type of choke actuation?
If Carter OEM
AVS2
or Later manifold and TQ or TQ repro
I'll thing i have to get back to you with more info =P I'm still in te learning stage =P

if you change from carter to holly you have to have the right choke or electric and correct trans and throttle linkage
and the carb has butterflys have to clear the manifold bores
If there was a version of your year (like hp) that had a holly that would help
but why holly if it did not have one oem? We can't tell what the oem cam was

if you change from carter to holly you have to have the right choke or electric and correct trans and throttle linkage
and the carb has butterflys have to clear the manifold bores
If there was a version of your year (like hp) that had a holly that would help
but why holly if it did not have one oem? We can't tell what the oem cam was

I have a Holley 770 with electric choke now and have had it since 2011 when i bought it and all worked awesome. Now i have changed all the gaskets in it and now i works like ****. It is a Mopar manifold, ive got TTI headers on to

20200410_091113.jpg

If it worked well before then it should still be working well now. You say that it doesnt work now that you've changed the gaskets, so recheck your work. No sense in spending hundreds on a new carb that you will still have to spend hours dialing in, when you can recheck the gaskets for free...

Exactly
brain fade here
I was thinking you just wanted a new holly carb
770 is a good choice
check for air/ vacuum leaks
spray some carb cleaner around and check
sorry about all that
may need a rebuild if that does not work
DIY

Exactly
brain fade here
I was thinking you just wanted a new holly carb
770 is a good choice
check for air/ vacuum leaks
spray some carb cleaner around and check
sorry about all that
may need a rebuild if that does not work
DIY

Hahaha no worries! =P Thing is that its a problem with the choke, cause when i start it gets to much fuel. But when i drive it and like give more gas to really push it hesitate, like it have struggle

Sounds like the current carb just needs someone who’s good with that kind of work to look it over and make a few tweaks.

Having to make some adjustments would be pretty normal fare when installing any “universal” aftermarket carb.

Auto Transport Service
Back