• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley 4 barrel in stock '69 318

JetCoronet

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Disclaimer, im fairly new here. Ive got a bone stock '69 Coronet. What kind of adapter would yall recommend to put a Holley 4 barrel carb on the stock intake? Ill change the intake later on but for now.

Well hi there, how are you? If I was putting a 4 barrel carb onto a two barrel manifold, I'd use something like this:
www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-2V-4V-Carburetor-Adapter/dp/B00062ZDMW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SZQB45WHO4MG&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.sIvo-hkkB-istlUyr1YNIf0cThLuHHzDOTiNK5mtDNvu0fZuR3ag7NQnH-VfbpXBCFutOFn6sQWecfA5zZjYTH7Ui1d-sv3AzO-YGUC4fkGdToyQf08Sb7lHaP6tSmHtr_HRcwNjXAh_rle644tF-t6j_5vIr-uGAxtl8ZZEWgL6jG0zLpxwtTSp20i4dMD9wL7owv79RLehNgnpB_69r5nRH3R-4KDv-_MC11LWj_s.VFEr-5d3YlAOQeAVkk_VPRcmWb_KcLMzniE_FAF-jk0&dib_tag=se&keywords=Spectre+Performance+5772+2V-4V+Carburetor+Adaptor&qid=1711325842&sprefix=spectre+performance+5772+2v-4v+carburetor+adaptor%2Caps%2C134&sr=8-1

You will likely have to adjust the linkage a bit as well. Plus most 4 bbl carbs use a different air cleaner base than the stock 2bbl.

It's still not a really well flowing intake, still going through the stock two holes.

By the way, we do have a 'welcome' forum, why not drop in there and let everyone know that you're here. :)

Well hi there, how are you? If I was putting a 4 barrel carb onto a two barrel manifold, I'd use something like this:
www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-2V-4V-Carburetor-Adapter/dp/B00062ZDMW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SZQB45WHO4MG&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.sIvo-hkkB-istlUyr1YNIf0cThLuHHzDOTiNK5mtDNvu0fZuR3ag7NQnH-VfbpXBCFutOFn6sQWecfA5zZjYTH7Ui1d-sv3AzO-YGUC4fkGdToyQf08Sb7lHaP6tSmHtr_HRcwNjXAh_rle644tF-t6j_5vIr-uGAxtl8ZZEWgL6jG0zLpxwtTSp20i4dMD9wL7owv79RLehNgnpB_69r5nRH3R-4KDv-_MC11LWj_s.VFEr-5d3YlAOQeAVkk_VPRcmWb_KcLMzniE_FAF-jk0&dib_tag=se&keywords=Spectre+Performance+5772+2V-4V+Carburetor+Adaptor&qid=1711325842&sprefix=spectre+performance+5772+2v-4v+carburetor+adaptor%2Caps%2C134&sr=8-1

You will likely have to adjust the linkage a bit as well. Plus most 4 bbl carbs use a different air cleaner base than the stock 2bbl.

It's still not a really well flowing intake, still going through the stock two holes.

By the way, we do have a 'welcome' forum, why not drop in there and let everyone know that you're here. :)
Personally, save your $$ for now and do it correctly. The adapter package in the link adapts a 2 bbl carb to a 4 bbl manifold....not sure if it works 4 bbl to 2 bbl application. I've used a single plane 4 bbl manifold from a HP 273 235 HP engine (and cam and valve train) with a Carter AFB #3854s carb. An aftermarket Edelbrock manifold will work well, just try and stick with a genuine Carter carb.....600 CFM (+/-) for the best throttle response and milage....adapt the linkage, choke and air filter to fit the 4-7/8" Diameter Carter air horn. ....just my opinion of course......
BOB RENTON

Personally, save your $$ for now and do it correctly. The adapter package in the link adapts a 2 bbl carb to a 4 bbl manifold....not sure if it works 4 bbl to 2 bbl application. I've used a single plane 4 bbl manifold from a HP 273 235 HP engine (and cam and valve train) with a Carter AFB #3854s carb. An aftermarket Edelbrock manifold will work well, just try and stick with a genuine Carter carb.....600 CFM (+/-) for the best throttle response and milage....adapt the linkage, choke and air filter to fit the 4-7/8" Diameter Carter air horn. ....just my opinion of course......
BOB RENTON
Those adapters work both ways, I have a couple of them. They will indeed allow a four barrel carb to work on a two barrel manifold. Perhaps it was poorly described in the Amazon page, but on their own site it mentions that:

Spectre's universal Carburetor Adapter is designed to adapt 4 barrel carburetors to 4-bolt, 2 barrel manifolds or adapt 4-bolt 2 barrel carburetors to 4 barrel manifolds quickly and easily (will not fit Spreadbore manifolds).

Of course, if a four barrel manifold is available for a similar price, that would be the preferable way to proceed.

Auto Transport Service
Back