• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb set-up help

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
A friend of mine is helping me with my car while I'm out of town for a length of time for work. He's working on my carb set-up and says he's needing a throttle cable bracket. It's a Quick Fuel 850 so I figure to call them to see what they have. I remember this topic about Quick Fuel http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/the-death-of-quickfuel.125011/.

I call Quick Fuel, which says to call Holley. I call Holley, was on hold for 34 min just for them to tell me to call Lokar. Holley says they don't have anything. Lokar says they have one but I need to buy their SS cable to use with it and to call Summit for them. For $53 for the cable and bracket for $34..WOW!

I do have this in the picture. I was going to use an original cable. Can anyone help? What is needed? I cannot see my set up right now because I'm not home. Thanks

20170313_225118.jpg

Last edited:
That's the bracket you need.
It's a Holley part and retails for around 15 bucks.
Just mount the Mopar throttle pin to the bracket and hook up the cable and trans pressure rod in the stock arrangement.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the set up? I replace the NOM motor from a 383 to a 400 stroked. I'm not 100% sure if the brackets are still on the old engine

I can take a picture later.
Car is in the shop out back

Here ya go......on a 383
Holley 3310 on a Weiand 8008
Holley adapter bracket, and the elevated cable bracket is Mancini
20161105_163016.jpg

Here ya go......on a 383
Holley 3310 on a Weiand 8008
Holley adapter bracket, and the elevated cable bracket is Mancini
View attachment 404134
Moparwacko

Nice engine. I see the throttle cable but assume your car is 4-speed because there's no linkage for the transmission pressure lever linkage. Actually, no ones pictures show the transmission kick down setup. You need to be cautious when using a high rise manifold as opposed to stock. It would be important to know the type of manifold he's using, weather the car is auto or standard and weather the existing cable and linkage connect or this turns out to be a whole new parts game.

Last edited:
Moparwacko

Nice engine. I see the throttle cable but assume your car is 4-speed because there's no linkage for the transmission pressure lever linkage. Actually, no ones pictures show the transmission kick down setup. You need to be cautious when using a high rise manifold as opposed to stock. It would be important to know the type of manifold he's using, weather the car is auto or standard and weather the existing cable and linkage connect or this turns out to be a whole new parts game.

Was still working on car when pic taken.

Yep, those "tall" brackets don't play nicely with the trans pressure lever.
I had to cut an inch out of the center of one from Ehrenburg and weld it back together.
The problem is that the rod rubs the top of the bracket when fully actuated.

This occurred on my setup with a Holley street dominator manifold

:DCorrectumundo, it's a 4 spd.
I haven't messed with an auto in years, but do remember fabricating a tunnel ram linkage back in the day. Crude welding, cutting, more crude welding, until I had it working. Then took it to my machine shop and had a pretty one made.
Sticks are so much more fun

This is what I have in the first picture and what Hughes told me to get as well. I need something to hold the throttle bracket, unless it does in the second picture. Sux not being home right now

20170313_225118.jpg thumbnail_20170310_012423.jpg

rrTor what you have should work; with a little/lot of adjustment on kickdown linkage.Make sure linkage doesn't bottom out at rear of v.cover.

Auto Transport Service
Back