• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carburetor work and other life secrets.....

RustyRatRod

Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
The FABO family has been kind enough to offer a benefit auction to help raise funds for Kitty and I in a real time of need for us. I came up with an idea and I would like to extend it to all of my fellow FBBO friends too. Same rules apply. I am in NO WAY trying to solicit yall to help ME. If you so choose, that's your choice and it IS greatly appreciated. But rather, this is my way of wanting to give back. Here are the details.

YY1 asked about carburetor rebuilding. Got me to thinking. "Rob you dumbass, you can build carburetors to help folks." If any of yall that have helped me need a carburetor rebuilt, buy a kit, send it and I'll do it. Long as you cover shippin to and back. Most carburetors will fit in a meduim flat rate box. Now, to ANYBODY else on the forum. I will rebuild ANY four barrel carburetor for a flat 25 dollar fee, plus shippin to and from plus kit. If it's a corroded up sumbitch, dredged up from the bottom of the ocean, it might be a little more, or it might not can be saved. Not all of them are meant to live another day. lol 2 barrels or 1 barrels, we'll talk about. Some of them are actually more complex. It will still be 50 or under. That's the least I can do for all of my FABO family. BUT, you need to know, I am disabled. I am slow. If you're in a hurry, I might not be your best bet.

Also, carburetor work is very dynamic. Lots of stuff goin on at once. Especially since I aint got a test mule. I cannot gaurrantee you will not have to tune it, or even reset float levels to your needs. This could include removing the top on some. That said, REST ASSURED whatever you send me WILL have a new rebuild kit in it and be adjusted by the deestruckshuns in the kit. That's the best I can do for a static build. If you think you're gonna get me to build it and then get all mad because it doesn't bolt on and run great (even though they do a lot) I may not be your boy.

One more thing. I use a cleaner that DOES REMOVE the gold finish on holley carburetors. I also media blast them, which certainly removes the color. This does not effect performance one iota. But, if you want that cool gold Holley look, once again, I ain't your boy. lol I'm not tryin to be a hardass. It's just that if I am going to cut prices to bargain basement, you need to know everything up front. No way can I warranty it if I cannot tune it on a running engine. Hopefully, that will change in the future. So, if you think I can help you, let me know. I will be more than happy to. Even if it's some kinda double barrel bastard carburetor like a Toyotee, send it. I can take anything apart and put it back together right. Electronic carburetors will be more.....because I will NOT do them without replacing every component such as mixture control solenoids and such so be warned. They ain't cheap. Labor will still be FREE for those who have helped on this thread and 50 and under for ALL FABO members. I also take donations. lol If somebody ends up mad because of one, please let me know first before posting a drama fest. I am REAL easy to get along with and I will do everything I can to make it right.

Thanks.

Oh and one more thing. Part of my disability effects my memory and such. If you've helped me somehow, REMIND me. Shake me up. I SEE usernames but they don't always stick. Send me a message like "Hay stupid, I'm so and so and I did so and so for your dumb ***" LOL That will work.

Hey rob...would you have any use for a box of old carbs, and their parts..? i have a later model t-quad(it has internal corrosion).it is disassembled...i have a couple of quadrajets, couldn't get either one to work...and a 86 carter bbd 2 barrel, which worked fine before i replaced it with my current t-quad...

I will box them up, and send them to you, as i have no use for them, they are just taking up space in my little shop...:)

Sure. I am sure I could use them somehow. I might could do a carburetor how to.

There's a guy on ebay selling a "how to rebuild your AFB/AVS" video for $5 plus shipping.

Claims to have sold about 15 from the current auction.

That and your thread about the TQ rebuild is what led me to ask.

I may have one for you to rebuild, or maybe you have a good running, small primary unit for sale.

I don't have one that doesn't need a kit. I do have some. Send me yours and a kit.

Auto Transport Service
Back