• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brian Mulroney won't be down for breakfast.

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
Dead at 84.

My Brother wanted to throw his aids and wife off the jet in the '80's when he (my Brother) was squadron commander for CANFORS 412th and again flying for Barack Gold in the 2020's where Brian was Chairman of the board in the back of a Gulfstream 55 with my Brother left seat.

Last edited:
R.I.P.

Yeah, even though I am fairly staunchly conservative (actual card holder) I never liked him. But I would take him in a second over our current non leader. Hell, Chrétien would even be a far sight better. But seeing leaders from our generation pass makes me more aware of my own mortality.

I know it is not nice to speak ill of the dead, but I think he was a crook.

This has gone completely over my head for once.
In Canada he was very controversial. He was a strong supporter and proponent of Canada but was frequently caught up in scandal. He brought in our national sales tax, the GST which is probably necessary but unpopular. He was one of the architects of the North American Free Trade Agreement, also controversial. It just changed how Canada and Mexico got boned, it didn’t stop it. Perhaps the best thing he did was being one of the strongest opponents of apartheid. When many (most) other nations didn’t want to sanction South Africa he helped bring down that regime. Are things better there now? Probably not but he at least made a strong stand.

Sued the tax payers for 2 million dollars and got it and kept it, contending slander and character assassination for being accused of taking bribes from Air Bus while Primeminister. Just when everyone thought that was over his lawyer had to admit that Brian got $300,000 from Air Bus very shortly after he returned to "private life". Brian never say na or ya and nobody ever went back after him to return the 2 million.

It's just the way it works... google "Board members of Barack Gold" for example and count the "honourable" titles.. LOL

I never want an Order of Canada Award, because that would put me in the same club as him. Lots of other seedy members of that club. LOL.

I never want an Order of Canada Award, because that would put me in the same club as him. Lots of other seedy members of that club. LOL.
Or become a Canadian senator. That is the slimiest patronage scam ever. The membership is full of journalists and others who have no business or qualifications for being involved in politics. You don’t even have to show up, ever, and many don’t even live in Canada anymore, they just get the money deposited right in their bank accounts. Shameful.

I’ve posted this before, our beautiful daughter with a great Canadian. She actually teased him for his poor French
and he took it in good humour.
IMG_0034.jpeg

I’ve posted this before, our beautiful daughter with a great Canadian. She actually teased him for his poor French
and he took it in good humour.
View attachment 1618831
If you hate all these politicians-and believe me I’m totally on board, with our sewer here are you kidding? the guy in the pic with your daughter? The “great Canadian” …..

Mostly am somewhat familiar with the “fag and drag the people down” you guys have in there now…..

Stephen Harper. He successfully guided Canada through a recession that brought America to its knees. That’s not a dig against the ‘states so don’t beat me up. We weren’t hit nearly as hard by the crunch of the early 2000’s, thanks to Harper’s policies. He wasn’t perfect either, but he was good for our economy. And compared to the alternatives he is gold. Liberals still burn him in effigy and spit on the ground when they hear his name and that alone is good enough for me.
The current threat to the liberals is my guy, Pierre Polievre. If you have time check him out on YouTube. He makes a sport of making our current prime minister look like the tool he is. He verbally kicks around reporters like a soccer ball, also.

Last edited:
Love him or hate him Bryan Mulroney should be loudly applauded for bringing in a Free Trade Agreement with the USA and Mexico. ALL SIGNATORIES are much better off as the result.

Just feel lucky someone doesn't want to trade ours for yours...

A member of the present government suggested we should elect more of their parties members if we wanted to be treated the same as some eastern provinces.

Auto Transport Service
Back