• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle 2022 Tent Poll

Are you registered for Carlisle, 2022, and did list FBBO as Club affiliation ?

• Yes, registered as FBBO Member

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Yes, registered, but not FBBO

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Plan on going but haven't registered yet

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I received the Carlisle 2022 tent form for FBBO and I have filled it in and returned it. We officially have our tent again!

This year, our tent is free because we (just) had enough people register their cars as FBBO. PLEASE register your car as FBBO so we can continue to grow the activities at the tent!

More to come later, but I'm hoping to do more activities this year. Keep tuned!

Hawk

P.S. Here is the note from Ed Buczeskie

As all of our events grow, we felt it was time to update the rules a bit. Probably the biggest issue we face at all of the shows is parking. Here are some of the highlights of the parking rules:

• Show vehicles MUST be parked in the appropriate class on Friday and Saturday. Sunday is open parking due to the Winner’s Circle.
  • Club support vehicles may NOT park at the club tent. As soon as club materials are unloaded, vehicle must be moved to its designated class/parking area.
  • Vehicles may NOT park under club tents. This does not apply to vehicles under special display tents provided by Carlisle Events.
Above are just some of the highlights so please be sure to read all of the rules and make sure all of your members abide by these rules. We want to ensure that everyone has a great time at the show! Feel free to reply to me with any concerns.

Good news, our year-to-date registration numbers are tracking way above last year…which was another record-setting year with 2,927 Mopars! Could this be there year that we finally break 3,000 show cars? Also, the swap meet is on track to sell out again this year! We will be using some of the traditional Car Corral spaces for swap meet vending and I created another 22 swap meet spaces to try to meet the demand for vending. We have over 3,100 vending spaces and over 2,900 are already sold!

It’s shaping up to be another great year at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals and I’m looking forward to having you and your club join us again!!

See you July 15-17!!

Ed

Hi Ed,

It is possible for you to change participant voting criteria? The reasons are obvious. Most people vote for friends in their category and it becomes a popularity contest. I would like to see E-Body owners voting for best of class A-Body. A-Body voting for best in class C-Body. C-body voting for best of class B-Body. B-Body voting for best in class E-Body.... I think you now what I mean. So without being harsh, most participant ballot judging sheets have been skewed toward like owners of the registered vehicles of the owners class.

Hi Ed,

It is possible for you to change participant voting criteria? The reasons are obvious. Most people vote for friends in their category and it becomes a popularity contest. I would like to see E-Body owners voting for best of class A-Body. A-Body voting for best in class C-Body. C-body voting for best of class B-Body. B-Body voting for best in class E-Body.... I think you now what I mean. So without being harsh, most participant ballot judging sheets have been skewed toward like owners of the registered vehicles of the owners class.
That's a good point.

The key to what we are trying to do is generate a fun place for FxBO members to hang out. I will try to have some fun/small awards, but the key will be to help build comradery amongst our Mopar brethren. If this were awards for a $10,000 prize, it might be more serious. Hopefully we can have some fun elements. Having said that, your point is well taken and I will consider how to address the voting, where we might have it.

Thank for the input!

Hawk

I finally finished all of my winter projects and the Charger is officially back on the road again. Looking forward to the trip.

That's a good point.

The key to what we are trying to do is generate a fun place for FxBO members to hang out. I will try to have some fun/small awards, but the key will be to help build comradery amongst our Mopar brethren. If this were awards for a $10,000 prize, it might be more serious. Hopefully we can have some fun elements. Having said that, your point is well taken and I will consider how to address the voting, where we might have it.

Thank for the input!

Hawk
Hi Ed,

Case in point. A few weeks ago I took 2nd place over a lesser car in my class IMO and others.
About 9 or 10 members in a club all voted for each other.

Was browsing hotels. Stayed at a Hampton last year. Rooms are $80 a nite someplaces tonight and 2-3 hundred a night in July. Already in trouble there. Is there a quasi host hotel?
Go to Mechanicsburg for your hotels or Dillsburg or right outside of Camp Hill on Rt. 15. Within 10-15 min of Fairgrounds. nice new hotels. Reasonable and no mark ups from show. If you have Military ID you may get a discount. Most get the discount registering over the phone in reservation only. Don't forget your local Bed and Breakfast places outside of Carlisle also for lodging and eating. May get some good deals there also. Also, don't forget about more Hotels located in York, PA. Your smaller local towns though is where you will get a better cheaper hotel though. The little towns in the middle of nowhere outside of Carlisle. There is a Wall Mart also located on Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg you can park your trailer at and sleep at no charge. I pass it every night and there are some big rig trucks in there sleeping but lots of room for cars and trailers yet. Safe location also. If you have military ID or Retiree military ID you can go to the Navy base there at 5450 Carlisle Pike Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 to the Navy base and get a free shower at the gym when its open. They have lots of parking in there also as its huge base but don't think you want to try to camp there at night they will probably make you leave. Also, New Cumberland Army Depot have showers. Maybe the Army War College also has a gym for showers and possible lodging. No lodging at Navy base though. Lots of restaurant's to eat at also in these city's instead of Carlisle.

Wizard

Last edited:
You can park your trailer outside the gates on a local street right out from the fairgrounds. Also your car also on the streets. No charge. Get there early though as everyone else has the same idea. Farther you have to walk to the gate then. Put a lock on everything when you leave your car out there and trailer. Also, trailer parking outside Gate 1 where the old factory used to be. Lots of locals in area have parking also for cars and trailers they usually charge $10 to $20 a day to park.

You can park your trailer outside the gates on a local street right out from the fairgrounds. Also your car also on the streets. No charge. Get there early though as everyone else has the same idea. Farther you have to walk to the gate then. Put a lock on everything when you leave your car out there and trailer. Also, trailer parking outside Gate 1 where the old factory used to be. Lots of locals in area have parking also for cars and trailers they usually charge $10 to $20 a day to park.
Dennis, it looks like South Mountain from here.
Home - South Mountain Raceway
Will the Kanooks be allowed to come into the country this year?? Last year border was shut down to them and no Canadians could come to the event. Would have been over 3,000 cars last year as it was pure pandamonium crowd wise like I've never seen before. It was great!! I have been doing this show (vending) for just about 20 years now and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Also, don't forget there will be DRAG RACING FRIDAY NIGHT at South Mountain Dragway (1/8 mile track) They are also having a cruise in at the track this year. Not sure what that all entails with the cruise in there but that's new this year. They have been having drags there for the MOPARs for 20 plus years there every year this event is held in July at Carlisle. Awesome time there on Friday only. Visit their website at Southmountainraceway.com Location is: South Mountain Raceway. 1107 Petersburg Road. Boiling Springs, PA 17007 Phone is: 717-323-0210 They are also on FB. Location is about 10 miles or less from the Carlisle Fairgrounds. Back in the day Carlisle used to run a free shuttle bus to the track back and forth for spectators. They stopped doing that years ago though. See you all there!

Wizard

Got Regsistration in mail yesterday. Says windshield, left side out of wiper range. Not possible on top, ok to put it where inspection sticker goes on States requiring it?

Hi Ed,

i will have 3 spots selling stuff outside .... and il have one car inside (DB-18)... ya got any FBBO things i can put up?? stickers or something?

Got Regsistration in mail yesterday. Says windshield, left side out of wiper range. Not possible on top, ok to put it where inspection sticker goes on States requiring it?
Anywhere on the drivers side windshield is okay.....You coming in from Ca.? What are you bringing?

Anywhere on the drivers side windshield is okay.....You coming in from Ca.? What are you bringing?
Yes. Bringing the modern Florida car so I can park inside.

231022EE-5BAA-40C1-880B-4FC7A2C91806.jpeg

what gate do i need to get into the building??

i got spot DB-18 inside...
That's the covered pavilion. A building with out sides. For cars that are for sale?
It's in the car corral. Is your car for sale?

Registered FBBO - proper class this time too:screwy:
They messed mine up this year. They have me with the early valiant barracuda club. It's a Belvedere. Maybe she thought I said Barracuda?

They messed mine up this year. They have me with the early valiant barracuda club. It's a Belvedere. Maybe she thought I said Barracuda?
Yeah, I am hoping I'm in the correct group. I know I registered correctly, but my number for this year is only 2 off from last year:rolleyes:

I received my registration in the mail today, a little later because I am in Canada. I foresee a problem. My parking spot is in R125 which appears to be right across the road from the FBBO tent. I think I will have to stock up on more beer.:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back