• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle 2024

1709461130840.png

The wife has checked for hotels rooms and even looking at 20 miles out of town it is $300 a night for something that seems on par with a Motel 6.
Really? 3 nights plus taxes and fees is around $1000, air fare will be about that, plus a rental car? I'm sure there are admission fees to the show too...
Hey, I love these cars but $2500 for three days is bullshit.
Why are the hotels this damn expensive anyway?
I'm used to the smaller show in Van Nuys CA... FREE admission to the show, $150 a night rooms in a decent hotel and gas money to drive my own car there. I expected other states to be cheaper than here.
Yeah, I understand that the Nationals and Carlisle are HUGE compared to the shows elsewhere but I'm trying to justify this expense and having a hard time doing so.

The wife has checked for hotels rooms and even looking at 20 miles out of town it is $300 a night for something that seems on par with a Motel 6.
Really? 3 nights plus taxes and fees is around $1000, air fare will be about that, plus a rental car? I'm sure there are admission fees to the show too...
I'm used to the smaller show in Van Nuys CA... FREE admission to the show, $150 a night rooms in a decent hotel and gas money to drive my own car there. I expected other states to be cheaper than here.
Yeah, I understand that the Nationals and Carlisle are HUGE compared to the shows elsewhere but I'm trying to justify this expense and having a hard time doing so.
If I didn't live so close I'd nave a hard time justifying it to. Pop will go home every night. And i'l stay and hold down the fort.....

ok .... im not going to be able to be selling stuff this year. not happy about it but my health is in need of repair. .. so if anyone wants my spots this year let me know soon as ya can. i will be putting them in the rent a spot so i don't lose them for next year. there all in the grass on flat ground with good neighbors and near by ice cream lol.

img (26).jpg

Last edited:
And if you get on the PA Turnpike Toll , that’s another $500 per day

LOL

ok .... im not going to be able to be selling stuff this year. not happy about it but my health is in need of repair. .. so if anyone wants my spots this year let me know soon as ya can. i will be putting them in the rent a spot so i don't lose them for next year. there all in the grass on flat ground with good neighbors and near by ice cream lol.

View attachment 1651971
Sorry to hear that. Does this mean you aren't coming this year, or just not selling stuff?

Sorry to hear that. Does this mean you aren't coming this year, or just not selling stuff?
im going to try and come down saturday and do some shopping for the wagon and meet up with folks bringing me stuff. and i would like to drop by the tent. if the doc lets me.

Auto Transport Service
Back