• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Tent Activities 2023 - Help Requested!

Big thanks to Pete with his assistants Mike and Dave(?), for all the great food and all the work and planning it took Pete to make that come to fruition and be the success it was.
Thanks to Hawk and Barry for organizing and MCing the festivities.
Thanks to Qkcuda for the Sleemans (Canadians don't drink Seamen) lol. It changed my perspective, it was a life changing experience(kidding, or maybe not!?)
Great meeting tons of folks, which I will probably not be able to remember who's who, but I'm trying. Got to spend some quality time with some very incredible car people.
Thanks again to all.

That looks like an amazing time. Great food, meeting everyone from the forums, etc. I hope I can fly out next year.

...But, someone was joking about having an air conditioned tent. Maybe we should rig up some kind of cooling system (the type with a cooler and ice and a fan)?

when the breeze blows, it becomes very tolerable....... maybe a small generator and a few fans to keep the air moving.....seems like a simple improvement

Too much walking.
Too much sun.
Too much heat.
Too much fun!
20230715_124559.jpg

Our next door neighbor!
20230715_114344.jpg

Good Lord, you reckon that's enough categories?

As Ed Sullivan would say "We've got a really big show"

As far as the clubs goes, we took out those pesky PT Cruiser guys. Or maybe like their rides, their numbers are dwindling.......

Wow, what a show! Where to start?
First, it was really cool to meet you guys! Some, I've met last year.
Hawk, I really appreciated your dedication and hard work toward making this the yearly event and part of the show.
Pistol Pete, Thank you for preparing the food AND manning the grill! The shrimp was delicious, and the pulled pork and ribs were outstanding! The heat was rough, but it isn't always mega-hot at Carlisle. However, 2023 was the hottest in recent memory, I think.
Lastly, I appreciate all of you guys on this forum. I look forward to Carlisle 2024 and seeing you all again, and hopefully meeting new faces.

FBBO Carlisle 2023.jpg
FBBO Carlisle 2023 1.jpg

Good Lord, you reckon that's enough categories?
Yeah, every category gets three winners, and then there are celebrity choices too which add to those.

But, considering there are over 3000 cars there, maybe not bad? The quality of the cars in almost every category is absolutely outstanding...

The PT cruisers used to be a busy class in our show. For 4-5 years, we'd have more of them in the class than any classic car class. I never liked them much....front wheel drive and basically a minivan at heart.

01 WF 2.jpg
01 WF 5.jpg

I heard from a friend, who stayed overnight at the fairgrounds, that some huge wind and rain came through on Saturday night. We stayed in Mechanicsburg and got none of that. Driving home on Sunday sucked due to relentless monsoon rain in CT.

Auto Transport Service
Back