• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars ROTTING out there! Save 'em!

At .38 in the second video, I am almost 100% certain that yard is in Dallas, Georgia. I got a friend up that way that'll know for sure.

I got an uncle in-law in Dallas Georgia He has his own set of cars but I'm sure he wouldn't mind going to get a car for one of us, he is a car guy.

You figure, with the economy the way it is, as well as were it's perpetually heading, people would be letting go of their "dream" and sell it all off, forced by necessity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRavIWMjT7U&feature=g-vrec

The guy/gal had a great concept with muscle car rescue website, but it doesn't seem to be in effect. Imagine a database, with the locations and photos of these cars. Perhaps it would give someone with better negotiating skills/funds, a shot at convincing those hoarders/delusionals out there to relinquish that which they're sitting on? Heck, you don't even need a website. We could post our own pictures and locations of cars spotted by/known to us, right here on this site in another forum? Thus, ending all of the "Where is that car?" inquiries.

Trubee,you don't know how much that song in your video you posted hits close to me.Everytime i here that song ,it reminds me of my dad(been gone for 8 yrs now).But i feel the same way with these cars,you can't save them all (it would be nice).I got rid of a couple cars so i could devote more time to the ones that i wanted to fix.Have been hinting to a friend of mine to do the same and he makes less annual income then i do.I've known him for 25 yrs and i consider him my brother but sometimes you gotta know when to let go.

I know I'll catch some flack for this, but I think some people need to accept that there is a point when a car has to be hit over the head and put down, i.e., parted out and crushed, and not restored.

There are some things you just never see, and one of these is a beautiful house in a great neighborhood with a well-kept yard with half a dozen rusting Mopars in the backyard. Most times that I get a lead on guys with lots of parts, I end up at some dude's single-wide trailer with junk everywhere and blue and green tarps covering what's left of bunches of old cars. They've got a crummy house, their yard is a dump, but they've got lots of cars that are rotting out.

The guy I bought my dash cluster from lived like that and had a couple 'cuda convertibles, several roadrunners, and some older B-bodies, and he told me how he was trying to restore them. He also told me about how he had "rescued" them from being crushed or from owners who had lost interest in them. It was obvious from the dirt, leaves, and other debris on the tarps covering the cars that they hadn't been touched in months if not years. In his mind, he was going out and buying all these rust buckets to "save" them, but what he was really doing was spreading himself so thin that he was really just giving those cars a different place to die at and as a result becoming the same guy he was ranting about... the guy who always says he's going to work on the cars "someday" but never does.

It just saddens me to see so many guys ruin their lives by getting into these cars wayyyy too far over their heads. Instead of focusing on fixing up one or two cars, they think they're a poor man's Jay Leno... minus the millions of dollars, fancy garage, time to spend working on them, etc., and end up living in a trailer surrounded by weeds.

There's a lot of truth that. I don't understand people buying cars and not have a place out of the weather to store them. I have seven cars sitting in my basement right now two are restored and the others are projects. I may sell a few when the ecomony gets better but at least they are out of the weather. When you see a car sitting outside usually the owner has an unrealisted value or they have in their mind they are going to restore it some day even though they have no money.

I'm of the part 'em out so others may live camp! My gawd you just cant restore all this rotten $hit. The dollar vs valuefactor just dosent make any sense. Not even including LABOR! I had guys wanting me to do something w my rotten azz 68... really!!!??? It only needs EVERYTHING and its a 318/904/7 1/4 car! Instead it lives on thru many others!!! Yes it was rescued from going to the shedder....

Attachments

• 68_Charger_007_720x540.jpg
    68_Charger_007_720x540.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 145
Most likely your Charger is going to end up in the hands of someone who's "going to fix it up someday". :)

Not likely............. but like my GTS Dart behind her she lives on through others!

Attachments

• My 68 001 (640x415).jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 121
Cool! Hate to say it, but sometimes looking through ebay is like reading the obituaries. You come across a bunch of auctions for parts taken from the same car, and you know that some old cruiser has finally met its end, but at least it's not sitting around rusting somewhere and a lot of other cars will be that much closer to hitting the road again. :)

And we all know that every car built is going to be worth more in parts than as a whole. Now that's where the money might be...PARTS!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back