• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars You Once Had And Miss But Not A Mopar

My deuce and my 47 Buick
14251.jpg
143630-c02b55374c521676169d7b738354e64a.jpg

I miss my 1990 crown vic. It was a Yuma detective police car. Interior, body, and paint was almost perfect. Bought for 4 grand in 1997 with 102k miles. Put another 100k miles on it and only major repair was air conditioning. Probably the best car I'll every own. Very reliable.

I'd love to have my dad's 64 Caliente.
Was a beautiful car. 289 4 sp. Had some balls.
Screenshot_20170413-060934.jpg

That is a whole lot easier than from the roof down.
1972 "Don Hardy/east texas racecars" vega w/ my 600 horse 406 sbc in it, street car. A 1972 gmc short/wide w/ that same engine in it . Have pics but haven`t aken timer to figure out how to post them.

I only miss this because it would now be work 75% more than what I paid for it in 2006. But I miss my dad more.

Dad GT.jpg

Back in the mid to late 80s I loved building VW Baja Bugs. I could outrun the 4x4s off road easily. It was light and just floated over the sand.
Not mine but pretty much the same thing.

vw-bug-baja-mint-time-capsule-show-winner-one-of-a-kind-piece-of-vw-history-1.jpg

I only miss this because it would now be work 75% more than what I paid for it in 2006. But I miss my dad more.

View attachment 551697
You had a Ford GT?! Bought new?
I'd covet that! I don't care for the current one a bit, totally effed the legendary theme by putting a v6 in it. And it's star wars butt ugly imo.

You had a Ford GT?! Bought new?
I'd covet that! I don't care for the current one a bit, totally effed the legendary theme by putting a v6 in it. And it's star wars butt ugly imo.

Actually, I had two. The first one was the silver gray one, which I found out shortly after I bought it had a "dealer created issue", so I made the dealer take back & I then got a white one with blue stripes.

Actually, I had two. The first one was the silver gray one, which I found out shortly after I bought it had a "dealer created issue", so I made the dealer take back & I then got a white one with blue stripes.
AMI NVS

Kinda embarrassed but a used ‘63 Falcon,white w/red interior, heavily tinted glass,4-spd,260 w/a 4-bbl and orange wheel wells. Looked better than it sounds.

Not a very good picture but this 60 Pontiac Ventura was one of the few Generic Motors products I ever owned. It was a 389 4 speed car that I bought in San Diego California when I was in the Navy. It was a pretty rare car back then and I have never seen another like it. The photo was taken on my parents farm in Minnesota in the summer of 1965 with a couple of my brothers.

SCAN0157.JPG

My 1979 Trans Am that I bought in high school. Yellow with a big orange/red/white chicken on the hood. When I bought it, it was a 301 4bbl and was a pig. I pulled that and dropped in a proper Pontiac 400 with RA III heads. Then the 400 came out and in went a 402 BBC out of a 70 SS Chevelle. Overbuilt it for the street and became less and less fun to drive around town. 11.5 to 1 with a giant cam and 4.88 rear no front/rear sway bars, blah, blah, blah. I miss the crap out of that thing.

In 1975 purchased a 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix (389). I painted it blue (Petty Blue?) with gold pearl. Paid $100 for it and sold it for $850.

63 Pontiac1.jpg

1973 Ford Thunderbird, bought it from the original owner for $1700 back in 1988, had a 460-4bbl and every option available except for the moon roof. The only modifications I did was to have the distributor "blue-printed" and a true dual exhaust installed. I got about 18 mpg at 70 mph on the interstates. It was a great freeway car, made it from Ames, IA to Reno, NV in 23 hours..... :D Took a long road trip around the western states and put 4500 miles on it in three weeks without any issues.

I still miss that car....

73 T-bird.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back