• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars You Once Had And Miss But Not A Mopar

I miss the 1951 Chev. short bed pick-up I bought and installed a later (V8 powered) power train, then paint and interior, among other upgrades. Owned it for 18 years.
Made a lot of good memories in that old truck.

I miss the 1951 Chev. short bed pick-up I bought and installed a later (V8 powered) power train, then paint and interior, among other upgrades. Owned it for 18 years.
Made a lot of good memories in that old truck.
Oh yes, also the '52 Chev 2 dr. hdtp., and '79 MGB, and '84 CJ-5 Jeep.

I'd love to have my dad's 64 Caliente.
Was a beautiful car. 289 4 sp. Had some balls.
View attachment 551649

Twice that !!

P9280535.JPG

When I first got into cars, I didn't know the difference between a 6cyl and a V-8. Really wanted a '66 Chevelle and the first car I looked at was a 66 Chevelle 283, but passed because it was the first car I looked at. I bought a '72 Nova w/250 cid.
View attachment 551609

A year later I got my Chevelle...w/235. Eventually put a 350 in it. Still have a soft spot for that car.
View attachment 551610

Mike, when I was maybe thirteen I was the point of disdain by my two friends because of my not knowing either. I ended up wrenching for fifteen years starting at age seventeen.

Not a very good picture but this 60 Pontiac Ventura was one of the few Generic Motors products I ever owned. It was a 389 4 speed car that I bought in San Diego California when I was in the Navy. It was a pretty rare car back then and I have never seen another like it. The photo was taken on my parents farm in Minnesota in the summer of 1965 with a couple of my brothers.

View attachment 551734

That would have been a keeper for me. I saw only one ever factory four speed 1960. When In was in high school a friend and his cousin came over and asked if I wanted to ride around with them. The cousin had a 63' Catalina with a 393, tri-power and a four speed. As I looked it over I kept complimenting him on the car, he laughed and handed me the keys. Saying "Then you gotta drive it!" I was stunned, to say the least. We jumped in the car and he said "Now don't baby it!" I drove it but didn't thrash either. He got behind the wheel and I he scared the crap out of me with his aggressive driving. BTW: He was one of them Indiana Redneck boys, do I need to say more?

I liked my 66 Mustang Fastback 289 4 speed but not enough to really want it back. It just broke way more stooopid parts than you would think a Ford should.....

yes that boss 302 did as well , never broke the same parts twice . should have bought an aar cuda , lol .

Actually, I had two. The first one was the silver gray one, which I found out shortly after I bought it had a "dealer created issue", so I made the dealer take back & I then got a white one with blue stripes.
Pix!!

sold my 70 boss in 76 for 3500 , bought it in 73 for 1500 . and had to build the engine twice , and sold it apart needing another fix . todays pricing would have been alot better .

IMG_0739.jpg
Can't explain why, but my 76 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Was a V6. Had ice cold air, good stereo, and my first car with a tilt wheel. Paid 2400 for it around 1981. Gilbertsville Auction. Got rid of an 80 Audi 4000 piece of **** to get rid of car payment. Carter years, so interest rates were round 18%! Low miles. Same color as this, but a white vinyl canopy. Most reliable was the ( believe it or not ) 95 Cavalier.

I've had like 110 {or so} cars/trucks now, I could go on & on...
But I'll spare y'all that...

I really miss my Kodiak midsize truck
& 45' Featherlight race trailer...

I liked my old 78 Z28 too...
I liked my 74 Trans Am 455ci Super Duty 4 speed,
I've owned a shitload of Pontiac's
Firebirds, Firehawk SLT's, GTO's, Trans Am's

Had Buicks too, had a few GS's over the years
I'd like to get a 65 Riviera again, maybe someday...
Had a few Olds 442's my favorite was my Gold on gold 65

I'm an equal opportunity gear head...
I love cars, especially American performance cars...

Auto Transport Service
Back