• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cassette player mount cover

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
Does the lower cover covers the whole lower mount for the cassette player? Was there different height of the covers? I know there is a difference between console and non-console mount (metal bracket). Thanks

Does the lower cover covers the whole lower mount for the cassette player? Was there different height of the covers? I know there is a difference between console and non-console mount (metal bracket). Thanks
Here's the factory cassette player in my 71 Challenger for reference.
Terry W.

Cassette Player.jpg

Here's the factory cassette player in my 71 Challenger for reference.
Terry W.

View attachment 1532810
I should be a little more clearer. When I went to mock mine, same as yours, the lower plastic cover either exposes the mounting bolts or if I put it to cover the mounting bolts, the top is exposed of the bracket. Like the cover is too short/not tall enough.

20230611_160440.jpg

Interesting. As you can see, my car has the flatter/wider 4 speed hump. Your B-body looks like it has the automatic transmission rounded floor hump. This would require a different base. Is your car a column mounted automatic shifter? As you stated, the console mounted player has a shorter mount. There is no gap in the base plastic cover with the player mounted as you see mine.
Terry W.

Automatic column shift with no console is what mine is. Yes, I have the correct metal mount. Pictured is the backside of the mount. I'll have to go mess with it again. I think I might have something wrong but has me puzzled is why I'm asking

IMG_7916.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back