• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Changed my stock hemi mufflers to some Dynomax Super Turbos . I like it better

gtx6970

Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
The stock repop mufflers

Another one ,

Now the Dynomax mufflers

Listening to them just now. On video is doesnt sound much different. But in person it sure has a different tone to it now
The 1st 2 are at idle. the 3rd is a good bit above idle
And when it idles down it sure sounds a little more throaty than it used to

The second one sounded pretty good - but you say it’s the Hemi reproductions too? Every phone and camera seems to record sound differently.

I always liked the Dynomax super turbos, I used to run them on my Barracuda. Did you use the long case ones, or the short ones?

I always liked the Dynomax super turbos, I used to run them on my Barracuda. Did you use the long case ones, or the short ones?
Long case style .
Case was maybe an inch shorter than what I took off

The second one sounded pretty good - but you say it’s the Hemi reproductions too? Every phone and camera seems to record sound differently.
First two videos are same exhaust. Just taken at different times
One in the garage. One outside

The 3rd one is in the garage as well.
I'm waiting on a shim to align my water pump pulley before I can back it outside

Sounds great. I had the Ultra Flo's on my Charger and loved them as well. Nice deep tone and zero drone...

did you have to cut lead pipes ! and are stock hemi exhaust pipes 2 1/2 inch i might do flow masters, just dont know what muffler to order

did you have to cut lead pipes ! and are stock hemi exhaust pipes 2 1/2 inch i might do flow masters, just dont know what muffler to order
I didnt have to cut anything. They are 2.25: in and out Stock Hemi H pipe and tail pipes.

Believe me I know, Ive been listening to sound clips in videos and at car shows for the better part of 2 years before finally buying these .

Last edited:
Sounds great. I had the Ultra Flo's on my Charger and loved them as well. Nice deep tone and zero drone...

They sound real similar to these at idle. Definitly different than before
I have the battery and tray out of it right now cleaning up the area so will be a few days before I can get it outside for an idle speed video

here is mine at an idle speed .

I like it so far. A little more throaty than what it was but not obnoxious by any means, hopefully it has no drone on the hiway

Im no help on Flowmasters of any kind. They were NOT on my maybe list at all.
Ive heard far too many issues with drone

Last edited:
I hated the Flowmasters on my Charger ( had the 40 series smaller case) but....the 50 series Delta Flow are on the GTX and honestly not bad at all. I believe they are a fairly long 17" case and 23" overall length. Decent sound at idle and no drone. Also depends on the cam as well as the type of manifolds used. Short clip...not really taken to listen to exhaust but there is some sound in there lol
Pretty sure this the part number of them if anyone is interested... they are 2.5" in & out

Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Mufflers 942551​

here is mine at an idle speed .

I like it so far. A little more throaty than what it was but not obnoxious by any means, hopefully it has no drone on the hiway
I think it sounds great Bill!

Depends on how much you want it to talk of course... and how much aggravation you're willing to put up with.
My GTX "Fred" (440) has big Hedman headers and 3" duals all the way out the back, with some generic looking
single chamber Flowmaster knockoffs.
After 13 years, I had hoped the damn stuff would have rotted out, but noooo - headers are coated and exhaust
is all stainless, so I keep it on the car because it's not in need of replacement.
Problem is - he's decidedly obnoxious under heavy throttle and the big arse pipes transmit a lot of heat into the
cabin.
Anyways, if you want to hear a mild 440 with a purpleshaft and big pipes on it, check out my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@moparedtn/videos
There's several Fred videos on there, albeit with me blabbing away on some of them. Sorry in advance...

I hated the Flowmasters on my Charger ( had the 40 series smaller case) but....the 50 series Delta Flow are on the GTX and honestly not bad at all. I believe they are a fairly long 17" case and 23" overall length. Decent sound at idle and no drone. Also depends on the cam as well as the type of manifolds used. Short clip...not really taken to listen to exhaust but there is some sound in there lol
Pretty sure this the part number of them if anyone is interested... they are 2.5" in & out

Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Mufflers 942551​

thank you

Depends on how much you want it to talk of course... and how much aggravation you're willing to put up with.
My GTX "Fred" (440) has big Hedman headers and 3" duals all the way out the back, with some generic looking
single chamber Flowmaster knockoffs.
After 13 years, I had hoped the damn stuff would have rotted out, but noooo - headers are coated and exhaust
is all stainless, so I keep it on the car because it's not in need of replacement.
Problem is - he's decidedly obnoxious under heavy throttle and the big arse pipes transmit a lot of heat into the
cabin.
Anyways, if you want to hear a mild 440 with a purpleshaft and big pipes on it, check out my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@moparedtn/videos
There's several Fred videos on there, albeit with me blabbing away on some of them. Sorry in advance...
That's a beautiful car!

Nice long test drive completed. It now has a nice low rumble at hiway speeds. A little more throaty at idle .

Mission accomplished for my tastes

Auto Transport Service
Back