• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Changing lobe seperation from 110 to 112-14?

It'll have a broader over all torque curve. Heavy street type car with mufflers I bet it's a better choice. I would talk to Dwayne Porter. He knows more than most of us here, more than me for sure.
http://supercarraces.com/Porterracing.html
Doug

This I agree with. Many of us know alot about cams but Dwayne Porter does it everyday and then test them on dyno's and flow benches so he is a Pro and he knows what works good with certain combo's. Thats why I had him spec the solid flat tappet I run in my 63. And I feel I know alot about cams but I know I dont know as much as Dwayne. I would definetly give him a call. Ron

Last edited:
The wider LSA cams make very good street cams because they take the available power and spread it out over a wider RPM range. Tight LSA cams will make more peak torque but at a higher RPM. Bob Karakashian (Mr. Six Pack) found that the 114 LSA works the best for his builds. I got one of his custom ground cams for my 383 so will see how it goes.

The wider LSA cams make very good street cams because they take the available power and spread it out over a wider RPM range. Tight LSA cams will make more peak torque but at a higher RPM. Bob Karakashian (Mr. Six Pack) found that the 114 LSA works the best for his builds. I got one of his custom ground cams for my 383 so will see how it goes.
run a degree wheel on that cam and give us the specs. are they still engles?

run a degree wheel on that cam and give us the specs. are they still engles?

I planned on doing that. Yes, Engle. I have his more radical cam because I will run headers but it's still not a huge cam. He also has different recommendations on installed ICL based on gear ratio. Basically, the taller gear (3.23-3.55), which I have, gets the cam advanced 4 deg.

What does he recomend for a 3.73-3.91 gear set for ICL? Good info here guys!!!!

4.10 is straight up at 113-114. 3.91 = 112. 3.23 - 3.55 = 110-111. Seems like some really small changes to make a substantial difference. But this might be specific for his cam rather than general info.

I've known Bob many years. He's a sharp guy. His wide LCA cams are usually used for cars running exhaust manifolds and having near stock idle quality. They work very well in this environment.
Doug

seat timing on those engles is measured at .008" lift.

Good to know. But I'll also measure at .050"

- - - Updated - - -

I've known Bob many years. He's a sharp guy. His wide LCA cams are usually used for cars running exhaust manifolds and having near stock idle quality. They work very well in this environment.
Doug

I spoke to him at length and told him I will run headers and this is the cam he recommended. He was adamant about the 114 LSA and about this stage 2 or 3 cam having free flowing exhaust. Seemed like a great guy for sure.

Bob K. Lives a couple of miles from me, saw him last week and talked for a while, I have one of his cams and will be getting another soon.

Bob K. Lives a couple of miles from me, saw him last week and talked for a while, I have one of his cams and will be getting another soon.

Cool! I'm thinking you like the cam?

Auto Transport Service
Back