• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charcoal vapor canister

runner74

Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Hello All

Just installed a "Street Demon 750" (1904) om my 74 Road Runner. Need some suggestions on what to do with the "Bowl vent line" that went from the canister to near the top of the old carburetor? Should I just put a fuel filter in that line to keep dirt out, or Just plug the line totally?

Thank you

Thank you

I have capped it. See my next post

I capped using the rubber cap that comes on the new carb to cover the vacuum port.

Looks like I need to clean that canister, looks filthy in the picture.

IMG_2338.JPG

I capped using the rubber cap that comes on the new carb to cover the vacuum port.

Looks like I need to clean that canister, looks filthy in the picture.

View attachment 336050
Here's a thought for you if you want to get rid of canister. What I did on my 74 RR since I no longer had a canister was run a vent valve off of the vent line coming from fuel tank and mounted it just above the front of the tank with a clamp and short piece of hose. Just needs to be above heighth of tank and filler neck. I eliminated the line running to front of car and this will vent tank as it needs to be. Worked great. Here is the link of the one I am using:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-vvr/overview/

That is very interesting vetteman. Hey what are you doing driving my car LOL (Except for the wheels)

Thank you for the suggestion...

This system, when hooked up and working correctly, is all benefit and zero drawback. Please see here.

Removing or capping the charcoal can is not a good idea, it's a bad idea. Cobbling up a vent as described in post № 5 is an even worse idea unless you like Car-b-que.

Auto Transport Service
Back