• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger Worth Saving?

I've seen worse.

Is worth saving? Yes... and No.

Lot's of variables to consider. Can you do the work yourself? Is it important to you?, Can you afford it? Can you get parts at an affordable price?.....

Even if you answer yes to the above questions, you could probably find a perfect turnkey car for less than 20K. You'll spend probably double that to restore if not more. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

every can of worms cost a grand....... and there's at least 50 cans there..... sorry

rip
(rust into pieces)

Ask yourself this; Why do you want to save this car? Think about that, then post your answer here. Once you do that, it will be on the internet for all time. Unless that car is something special to you, it's parts & scrap.

They're all worth saving if you got the time and money! That one will take a ton of time and 2 tons of money! It can be done though!

If it's mom or dads old car and you love them dearly, and you have alot of money, or don't have to outsource for labor cost, then yes save the car! If this isn't the case, then please either part it out or sell it whole as parts to someone who needs them to finish a restore job. Don't just scrap it!:icon_sunny:

I would say scrap the old girl ! Seeing as how its a 74' it's not highly collectable so you would never be able to recoupe your money investment ! If it was a hemi car or 6-pack car then it would be worth the time money and effort !! :imho:

Yea, I'd pass on that one as well.

You can get one in a LOT better shape for just a little more.

There's a guy down here with a factory 400-4 LOADED (P/W, cruise, slapstick, Aztec int, machine gun tips, etc) car that's really solid.

Asking $5500 IIRC.

K thanks for the feedback guys. I'll probly scrap it, anyone know the goin rate for scapin autos?

Sentimental / Rare / Desirable to you, or someone else? Nearly anything can be put back right with enough patience, $$$ and drive. Whats your level? Once you commit to the project don't expect anything you put in to come back to you unless it meets one of the words posted in the first sentence.. my .02

If you already own it-

Part it.

Lots of the parts are worth WAY more than scrap price.

Some are not.

The trick is to learn which are which.

You are already conversing with some potential customers.....

I will pay you scrap price (about 400 in this part of TN) and come get it....be a great cheap father and sons drag project

Auto Transport Service
Back