• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheater Slicks

Dan64

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Anybody still running M&H cheater slicks on the street and if so do you get a lot of "tail waggin" in the rear?.

I have M/T cheaters on my 65 although I don't drive it much on the street, seems to be pretty straight.

I have M/T cheaters on my 65 although I don't drive it much on the street, seems to be pretty straight.
Good to hear ,i'm about to pull the trigger on a set. What are you running on the front of your 65'?.

Moroso (race only) skinnies:D
IMG_1270.JPG
IMG_1273.JPG

Dan, why not Mickey Thompson drag radials?Believe the cheaters are bias-ply. was told it was not good to run mix types ex. radials up front and bias-ply out back or vise/ versa, maybe some will chime in on that
I can tell you first hand that the M/T E.T. SS Drag radials hook !! good luck

Thank you, what is your ride?
I just got a 64' Polara . Bought it as a roller and just got to work to it putting in u s car tool stiffening kit,moved springs in and mini tubbed.

Dan, why not Mickey Thompson drag radials?Believe the cheaters are bias-ply. was told it was not good to run mix types ex. radials up front and bias-ply out back or vise/ versa, maybe some will chime in on that
I can tell you first hand that the M/T E.T. SS Drag radials hook !! good luck
Your right in not mixing radials and bias ply that's why i was wondering which front tire fwi went with to match the bias ply cheaters. I'm leaning toward the M&H's because i just mini tubbed my car and i want to take full advantage of the wheel well room that i can. I can fit a 14.5 section width tire up in there but would like to stick with a 10" torq thrust rim,so the M&h's will fit the bill. Not a lot of tires available in a 30"x 14" to 14.5" size and it looks like the radials that come close require at least a 11"-12" rim which means custom 12" torq thrust from Ron's wheels in P.A. [$400 plus per rim]. What size front tires are some of you guys running on your early b bodies?.

I have 315/60-15 M/T drag radials on my 65. Mini tubs and springs move in.
Fronts are 215/75-15

NEP2766537.jpg

Last edited:
First car, 63 Sport Fury, already had cheaters on it. Figured out real quick, not worth a damn, on a rain slick road. For what that's worth!

First car, 63 Sport Fury, already had cheaters on it. Figured out real quick, not worth a damn, on a rain slick road. For what that's worth!
Lol, no they are down right scary in the rain.

I have 315/60-15 M/T drag radials on my 65. Mini tubs and springs move in.

View attachment 757935
These are on the top of the list if i go radial. I'm going to try the cheater slicks and if they are too squirrelly on the street i'll save them for the tract and put these on. Just wish they were closer to 14.5 section width. What do yours measure ? and on what size rim.

I like the Hoosier QTP’s. Run them on both my cars street and strip. I do also have a pair of drag radials for the runner. They don’t hook as good but they cruise around a lot better for long drives.

8FB352E2-EA26-4054-9BD8-987AEEFC0A6C.jpeg

I like the Hoosier QTP’s. Run them on both my cars street and strip. I do also have a pair of drag radials for the runner. They don’t hook as good but they cruise around a lot better for long drives.

View attachment 758226
I like them too. I got them on a ot 31' coupe . I'm running a tube in them for they street to help stiffen up the side wall. They work great on that little 31 that only weighs 2500lbs. The M&H 's have the size i'm looking for and may have a little thicker side wall also, not sure, never owned any yet. BTW a 68' Dart is on my bucket list for sure,awesome pic.

These are on the top of the list if i go radial. I'm going to try the cheater slicks and if they are too squirrelly on the street i'll save them for the tract and put these on. Just wish they were closer to 14.5 section width. What do yours measure ? and on what size rim.

Product Line:Mickey Thompson ET Street R Radial Tires
Summit Racing Part Number:MTT-3563
Wheel Diameter:15 in.
Tire Size:315/60-15
Sidewall Style:Blackwall
Tire Construction:Radial
Tire Diameter:30.08 in.
Section Width:13.30 in.
Tread Width:11.73 in.
Minimum Recommended Wheel Width:8.50 in.
Maximum Recommended Wheel Width:11.00 in.
Directional:Yes
Asymmetrical Tread Pattern:Yes
My rims are 10" wide.

I run them and for the most part they are fine but don't even try to mash the peddle, can you say all over the place

20170923_133532_023.jpg

I run them and for the most part they are fine but don't even try to mash the peddle, can you say all over the place

View attachment 762795
I think this answers the tail wagging question. I can’t imagine a bias ply tire on anything but a wheelbarrow in 2019. There’s so many other great options. The 315 and 275 radials have gone 3’s to 1/8 and the 235 has gone 4’s. That’s 8.5” of tire. Crazy! The 315’s on 65hemi’s car look perfect. That’d be my vote!

Auto Transport Service
Back