• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check your tires, fellas!

Wut?

Oh, by the way - doing a lot more research than seems prudent, seems like that whole Coker Tire
exclusivity stuff is horsehockey - you can obviously buy T/A's in LOTS of places, including Tire Rack
and even WallyWorld.
Further, if it's important to some folks, the 275/60/15 size is made in Mexico and the 295/50/15 is
made in the USA.

It was also interesting to read (well ok, maybe just interesting to me :) ) about how despite Michelin's
buying Uniroyal and BFG meant those companies got whipped into Michelin shape at the time, they
didn't do the typical throwing out of all the existing management in doing so, with several longtime BFG
folks staying on with the company afterwards.

Wonder if they ever solved the "brown letters" issue they had on the T/A's?
Coker Tire bought t he rights to those aforementioned tire companies VINTAGE TIRE DESIGNS. Those companies no longer produce those tires, like the red line poly tire. Coker does not produce those companies modern designs, like you see at WalMart.

Coker Tire bought t he rights to those aforementioned tire companies VINTAGE TIRE DESIGNS. Those companies no longer produce those tires, like the red line poly tire. Coker does not produce those companies modern designs, like you see at WalMart.
Ah I dig, thanks.

No matter what brand the fronts carry the load and take the abuse. I keep a eye on all of them but the fronts get replaced at 5 yrs. Rears I will run until I see a problem.

Let me guess, you never, ever rotate your tires?

My daily driver hot rod came from the factory with different size tires, front and rear, and ALL my hobby cars have different sizes too.
Ditto...
cruise in august 2017 4.jpg

Have a nice day, not gonna get into the BS of who doesn't maintain tire pressure as a regular check to keep their tires usable. I still have 30 year old tires on a triaxle.. but I bet it doesn't carry any weight.. LMAO.. Would I do it with new ****, not a chance! I figure the Goodyear Raceways on my Bee are good for about 10 years!
View attachment 1000278
I'm boycotting Goodyear, I'll never run another one.

My daily driver hot rod came from the factory with different size tires, front and rear, and ALL my hobby cars have different sizes too.

That's just such a stupid subject that I've never been able to understand why people do that when there's no need to on a street car! What happen when you have a flat? You look like a dummy when that happens!

So this got me thinking for storage purposes - I live in a cold climate. Car is stored in my insulated (but not heated) garage.

Do I remove tires off of car and store them somewhere? Keep them on and Overinflate them during storage? Keep them on and Underinflate them during storage?

Non sub-frame connector car worried about being on jack stands for 5 months? Add extra jacks underneath sub frame mounts and wood under rockers to prevent flexing?

Tires I bought are new but don’t trust what they make now days - want to be good to go come spring. Thanks guys!

I hate trouble, so if I can prevent it I try. My tires come off the vehicle at 6 years

I rotate my tires every time I drive. the rear tires, a bit mote than the fronts. :thumbsup:
My dad used to say that. I'd sneak off in his rides whenever he wasn't looking and get his tires balanced and
rotated.....

pretty sure the moral of the story is Coker sells junk...... not surprised
Depends, of course...
Coker doesn't make everything they sell - in fact, I wonder if they actually make any themselves?
Michelin/BFG only makes one series of Radial T/A's, regardless of where you buy them for example.

Btw, knew the tires are getting old on my diesel but didn't realize just how old they were.....15! And the fronts show some cracking in the tread grooves. They are still small but there non the less. Thinking about buying some more time and sticking them on the back. The back tires do not exhibit any cracking anywhere. These things don't have 10k miles on them and have been garage kept.

My bf Goodrich's were 13 years old and looked new. Driving at a 140 mph on 13 year old tires is a sucker's bet. Just got new ones and don't regret it. I'd rather spend 800 or so on tires than 20 thousand on a funeral. Just my opinion.

Wut?

Oh, by the way - doing a lot more research than seems prudent, seems like that whole Coker Tire
exclusivity stuff is horsehockey - you can obviously buy T/A's in LOTS of places, including Tire Rack
and even WallyWorld.
Further, if it's important to some folks, the 275/60/15 size is made in Mexico and the 295/50/15 is
made in the USA.

It was also interesting to read (well ok, maybe just interesting to me :) ) about how despite Michelin's
buying Uniroyal and BFG meant those companies got whipped into Michelin shape at the time, they
didn't do the typical throwing out of all the existing management in doing so, with several longtime BFG
folks staying on with the company afterwards.

Wonder if they ever solved the "brown letters" issue they had on the T/A's?
Not as of 2 years ago when I bought my new set:
295/50/15
245/60/15
Nothing seem to get them white anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back