• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Checkout this '73

Up to $3K and 5 days left to go...

I'm going to try to make it over there this afternoon or tomorrow to check out the blue 400 car in person. I'll take my magnet, and I'll ask for a cash price.

I think I've been to this lot before, and I believe he was asking 6K for a 6 cyl 72-74 Valliant. That's not a good sign.

Speaking of Valliants, he's also got a clean 74 Valliant Brougham.
I love those, velour interior and all!

Thats a cool color on it! Ill guess at fifty five hundred.. I don't know what color/shade its actually called up it is nice..

Ron its B1 Blue Sky Blue which I think became available in 72. My 75 Dart is this same color with a white vinyl roof and B7 blue interior. The color as grown on me.

That could be a B7 interior.

I thought there was a pic of the fender tag, but don't see it now.

On another note, you can still see the spot welds on the bottom of the quarters.

If it doesn't meet reserve, we can see what it gets bid up to, and that will be agage of what "the market" is willing to pay.

Ron its B1 Blue Sky Blue which I think became available in 72. My 75 Dart is this same color with a white vinyl roof and B7 blue interior. The color as grown on me.

I do like the color, id rather interior white, or black though.. Just my idea of what i like, I had a 70 RR that was light blue, not near this and the interior same.. I just don't really care that much for a different shade of the color outside of car, inside.. Just me.

Up to $3K and 5 days left to go...

I'm going to try to make it over there this afternoon or tomorrow to check out the blue 400 car in person. I'll take my magnet, and I'll ask for a cash price.

I think I've been to this lot before, and I believe he was asking 6K for a 6 cyl 72-74 Valliant. That's not a good sign.

Speaking of Valliants, he's also got a clean 74 Valliant Brougham.
I love those, velour interior and all!

Maybe a camera to.. Id like to see the 74 Brougham, if its right there..

$5650, reserve not met, and three days to go.

Whoever had 5000, 5300, or 5500 is out.
(...and I'm getting nervous about my guess)
(but happy about my recent purchase)

If that was a 318 car, $5-$7k...a factory 400 car in that nice of condition, $10k easily.

Your saying a 400 2 barrel car is worth $3000 more, or nearly double what a 318 car is?

Uh, I'd have to disagree with that.

A 4 barrel car, either 340 or 400 (even if not a RR), and I'll agree.

Most books say +5% for a 400-2, and +25% for the 340 or 400-4.

Last edited:
I did make it to the lot...but how come used car lot guys are always "less than knowledgeable"?

There were two guys there, and neither one of them was aware that the car was for sale on ebay, or even that it was for sale by their "company".

I positively confirmed the location, as I saw the red bus with the letters in the windowsV across the street.

They tried to call the owner, but he never answered, and never called back.

There were a few other "classics" in the lot including a Mach 1, which I inquired about.
It looked like it had a later model manual trans shifter in it, and the lot guy said the owner "put in a police interceptor transmission"...really? The price was 10K..really?

Attachments

• IMG_20120802_103852.jpg
    IMG_20120802_103852.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20120802_103955.jpg
    IMG_20120802_103955.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20120802_104602.jpg
    IMG_20120802_104602.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20120802_103900.jpg
    IMG_20120802_103900.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 147
The LeMans sold on ebay a few months ago for $3800.
Buyer must have been less than thrilled with the rotting off quarter panel that wasn't shown in the listing.

The silver Galaxie had "$500" on the green for sale sign, and "352" emblems.

It was in much better shape than the LeMans.

I'll have to check that one out more thoroughly if I go back.

...oh, and $6975 and still not met reserve.

I must say the pics look like the car is in great shape.

I really wish I could have seen it.

Did some under bidding didn't we.. I will be interested in seeing the final selling price..

Thanks for taking them pics, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to much to own one of those old ones like we/i rode around in as a kid.. My great grandpa had a 55 Crown Vic, man it was a nice one, little out of the Mopars but what the heck.. 55 was a good year for Chevy to.. My own humble opinion, just checked on the one we have been playing guestamating its up to $7.675,00.. 8 + isint out of the question with 1 day 8 hrs left..

There were a few other "classics" in the lot including a Mach 1, which I inquired about.
It looked like it had a later model manual trans shifter in it, and the lot guy said the owner "put in a police interceptor transmission"...really? The price was 10K..really?

I've had a 1987, 1989, 1995, two 1997, and a 2008 police interceptor, and I've never seen a manual transmission ever offered in a police interceptor. :)

We're talking about a low-mile big block car in excellent condition, being sold by a dealer. Not a 318 daily driver being sold by an individual. :) Big difference.

....but unless there is some shill bidding the market and not the dealer is setting the price.

I guess different parts of the country have better supplies. Around here good luck finding anything for a good price. Around here a mid 70s A body will bring 3500 and it will need lots of work.

Auto Transport Service
Back