• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Checkout this '73

I've been watching that first red one, and even put a link to it a few posts ago.
Comes down about $100 a week. Colors are better than mine, and engine bay is cleaner, but the a/c is disconnected, and mine is a 54000 mile original and the a/c works.

I'll bet the sweet spot on that one is between 4500 and 5500.
Don't know if it's had any body work, but it looks pretty good.

Mine started at 6900 and came down 100-250 every couple of days after two weeks.
If you didn't read my buy thread, it got to 5000, and I offered 4000, which the seller took.

That green one has already changed hands on CL and was much cheaper the first time around. I want to say $2500. Look at all the rust in the quarters. Probably lots more under all that "fresh paint".

I just saw the second red one this afternoon.
Look at all the rust, dents and cracking bondo on the quarter.
Wonder if that's the "good" side.
Up around the windshield where the vinyl used to be looks kinda rusty.

That gold one looks promising. No vinyl to eat the windshield channel and cowl.
Rust in back of the wheel- perfect for that new AMD patch.
Matching # 340. I'd like to see more pics. Long drive, though.
I didn't even want to go to Jax to look at the other lime green real RR that just sold for 7K running, driving, and all nice and shiny.

I dunno about that gold one. Looks kind of low in the rear. Could be the pics or could be some frame rail/suspension problem.

I can understand these cars listed as the 3500 "all day" type cars, but can't go along with those in nice condition being regarded as the same.

I think the gold one has a flat tire in the back. Have you been watching this one http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/3148428074.html? I think the first time I looked at this one it was $12,000, now he's down to $8,000 as reality slowly creeps in. :) Even at $8k it sure beats the crap out of the $12,500 car at the start of the string.

My 74 started at $5k, went to $4k, went to $3k, and I bought it for $2k. And that was with no rust in the quarters, fenders, or doors. The only problems it had was when we had those bad storms back in February, they blew a tree down on it that went through the windshield, put three small dents on the roof and one large dent over the rear passenger wheel well. The owner had replaced the windshield and I had to get the dents fixed, but for $2k... couldn't beat that deal. :)

Yep, saw that one and the blue 318 car that was advertized as a 340 car.

Even though I'm not the OP, I was trying to keep this thread about non-RR Satellites with clean bodies, and their value and availability.

So far, I think the only one that qualifies, besides the blue one, is the red one we both posted links to.

I think the blue one is overpriced, even though it appears super clean...probably in part, because it is by a dealer.

The red one, however is awfully close to the value range I suggested was appropriate for the cars in question.

Sure you can pick them up for $3500 and below, but chances are the will not have great or even good quarters, or will need LOTS of other work.

I'm sticking with my 4500 (which is a good deal) to 7000 range for a #2-#3 condition turn key driver with no more than a cup of filler, no major rust or dents, 20 footer paint and a decent interior.

If you pay less than 4500 (like you and I did), you got a smokin' deal.
If you pay more than 7 or 8K, it better be spotless and near #1 (with everting present and working), or you got taken! If you pay over 10, it better also have nice original paint, low miles, no molestsation, and not need more than a couiple hundred in repair.

Of course there are always exceptions and anomalies like a 400 4 speed a/c power window sunroof car. I imagine that would be much more valuable.

...and if you want to pay 10K for a RR clone, when you can have the real thing for less, or a non clone for much less..well, I guess there's no accounting for that.

Well- winner, winner, chicken dinner...at $9500.

Might be a fair deal as long as a lot of dough didn't make it in before the "high dollar" repaint went on, and the cowl is OK. From the pics, I'd wager it's probably good, even if the seller/dealer has what I would call a somewhat dubious aire about them.
It is certainly a better deal than that rusted out Lemans on his lot for $7500!!

Can we agree that even at almost 10K, this car is a better deal that the initial post?

If you really wanted to do it, for about another $1500-$2500, you could get buckets and console and a RR hood and have virtually rust free big block RR clone.

Let's do this again sometime.

Well, bottom line is that at $9,500, this is a much nicer car than the one at the start of the string that was selling for $12,500, so I think this shows the first car is overpriced. :)

I am kind of bummed that the bidders' information is blocked. I would love to see if the top bidders had a feedback rating of zero. If we see this car come up for sale again, we'll know the dreamers drove up the bidding as they are prone to do.

yup that blk. doesnt look to bad

son found another one down further in your state I believe west coast area red with a bb he called the dealer requested info a few times they never bothered to send any info when asking to see fender tag or the begining vin. numbers ,you think if you had something for sale for awhile and at $26000.00 you would the info:eusa_think:

oo I see something in green with white hood stripes behind it:eusa_think:

The CA car looks like they might have taken parts to fix the orange one.

Kinda different on Western cars. Looks real solid in the known problem areas I'm aware of. Does look like thick paint or damage repair cracking over that wheel arch.

Silver 360 a/c vinyl top car. You can leave a car surface rusted out there and it won't get much worse for a LONG time.

My Coronet's roof was like that and started to pit after 6 months of FL humidity.

bottom of 1/4 looks like it will need work what about the rest:eusa_think:

That green one has been for sale for a long, long, time too, so I suspect there are a lot of issues.

The interior is a quick turn off, If its been for sale that long, must be a lot wrong and there sure isint any info about it, outside of what engine and trans, wonder if it runs! It does look like the quarter needs a panel, and usually they show the good side..

If I were closer, I'd love to check out the one in GA.

That thing would be sweet with an EFI 360 Mag, 3.55's and an AOD trans.

300 GHP and probably 25+ MPG, plus a hell of a lot of fun.

...and a lot's o' "cool factor".

Auto Transport Service
Back