• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Christmas" comes early for Biomedtechguy...

It's to my taste so it worked.

So's a good groping but we don't need to sidetrack an otherwise innocent thread. :drinks:
Kiwi and I share a similar sense of humor, and those posts almost wrote themselves. You have a great personality and sense of humor too, so I knew you wouldn't mind. :p:)
As far as "innocent thread" I think given you, me, and Kiwi were in the mix posting it has maintained its dignity. :D
A compliment coming from you, with your artistic skills means a lot! Thank you!

Bio...IF you go with the StreetLinx rear suspension, Throw away the upper shock mount "bolt/pin" and go buy a "HARDENED" one to replace it. I ended up custom fabbing one from a grade 8 bolt of correct size. The bolts that came with BROKE OFF after only 15k miles. Here is a post about it.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/4-link-shock-mount-failure.180457/#post-911376596
I saw that. Thanks for making sure I knew about it!
I haven't decided if RMS or Gerst is the route I'm going, but after talking to Carl Gerst, it's hard not to give him my business.

@Darius
I kept the episode of Detroit Muscle where the installed the RMS StreetLynx and Ride Tech coilovers.
I'm trying to get a comparison between your pix and pix from the show.
Here are a few of your pix from the thread you linked:
773678-e2148b290a51e83e1abd9775f319cee0.jpg
773679-88d49126194bb8e4e156f592a4087044.jpg
773684-6b1941361b1a2e789733cd29798a954f.jpg
773687-fbbed51a2dc895bc1d0edd97042ef86f.jpg

And here are some pix from the Detroit Muscle episode:
20191111_220911.jpg

20191111_221107.jpg

Is the upper coilover mount the same in the show as yours?
Also, I like the fittings on the ends of the upper and lower control arms that are from RMS.
20191111_221206.jpg
20191111_221237.jpg
20191111_221259.jpg

Here's a few pix of the Gerst triangulated rear suspension system:
Screenshot_20191111-223948_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191111-224302_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191111-225145_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191111-225212_Chrome.jpg

The joints on the ends of the Gerst links look like almost all of them are just bushings instead of the much nicer looking ends on the RMS. The lower coilover aluminum mount bracket of the Gerst is also quite a bit different, being a reinforced L, but I'm not sure if I don't prefer what "looks stronger" since there's no L to break on the RMS.
I'll have to talk with both of them.

I paid for the Wilwood disc brake system today...
I also got the part numbers for the exact master cylinder and the SIX piston caliper that they swap the 4 piston caliper out on the rear brakes so I can have "bragging rights" in having the unique layout of SIX piston calipers all around!
:bananadance:
Rear calipers:
Screenshot_20191112-222819_Chrome.jpg

Master cylinder and proportioning valve:
wil-261-13626-bk_ls.jpg

From the pic you posted...That is NOT like mine! On mine, the weight is entirely supported on the bolt as it connects perpendicular to the cross bar. In the pic you posted, both systems actually, the mount is directly UNDER the cross bar so the weight is borne primarily by the cross bar rather than the bolt. A MUCH better engineered design.

From the pic you posted...That is NOT like mine! On mine, the weight is entirely supported on the bolt as it connects perpendicular to the cross bar. In the pic you posted, both systems actually, the mount is directly UNDER the cross bar so the weight is borne primarily by the cross bar rather than the bolt. A MUCH better engineered design.
So if I read correctly, your rear suspension system is a RMS StreetLynx w/ride tech coilovers? I guess that RMS changed the design?

Will the shop you have replacing your old Doctor Diff system with the Wilwood system bed in the pads and set the prop valve for you? That will save you a lot of time and trouble.

I could ask, but if I use the same place as before, for my wife's GTO, and the Quick Performance rear axle assembly and Wilwood disc brakes and UMI suspension system, I had a slight mechanical adjustment to make to the rear discs to loosen them some, and I bedded the brakes myself. There is a long stretch of remote roadway that goes through a wildlife refuge by my house that allows for the requirements for bedding new brakes to be carried out. The prop valve setting is ultimately what I think is "right".
If the shop near me and I decide to go with them this time, I certainly can make a comparison as to how thorough they are.
Still, if I do those things myself, I know what's been done and that it meets the requirements and my expectations.
While I'm happy with the work the shop did on the GTO, it's hard to find someone who hands me the keys and says "you're all set".
I would do this myself if I had the facility to do it in, but my awesome garage is down the list.
Thanks for the reminder.

There's a plethora of "how to" videos on installing Wilwood big brake kits. Here is my favorite one.

It's time consuming to do it by yourself but all you need is a place out of the weather, floor jack, jack stands, hand tools and time. Doesn't hurt to have a friend do the opposite side.

There's a plethora of "how to" videos on installing Wilwood big brake kits. Here is my favorite one.

It's time consuming to do it by yourself but all you need is a place out of the weather, floor jack, jack stands, hand tools and time. Doesn't hurt to have a friend do the opposite side.

Thanks, and I'll check out the video, which I'll probably be shamed by...
Look, I really like doing my own mechanic work, and the plan is (my wife thinks it's her idea) to build a metal garage, 3 stalls. One left and right to store our cars and 2 V-Rod motorcycles. The much taller center stall is for a Bendpak 2-post lift, where I can work on the Roadrunner and GTO. Even detail or wash them when the weather sucks or I don't have to get up at dawn to avoid direct sunlight and can take my time to wash, dry, detail, etc them.
This will get my Roadrunner out of the detached garage, that garage will become my business workshop and give me some much needed room to work. The GTO and some of my work related equipment can get out of the attached garage, and the tiny little room I'm using as a repair shop can revert back to whatever my wife wants it to be.
In the meantime, we need to get stuff done, I deal with a lot of aches and pains every day, and if I don't work, nothing gets done regarding my one man business. So right now it makes sense to have someone else do a lot of what we need done.
I am very likely going to remove our factory radiators and do the Wraptor serpentine belt systems and Cold Case radiators myself.

Auto Transport Service
Back